Infrastructure Software Engineer
Mountain View, CA
Engineering – Infrastructure
Kodiak Robotics is developing autonomous technology for long-haul trucking. Our team is highly experienced and comes from the leading technology companies in the space.
We are looking for an infrastructure engineer to join us and take a key role in designing and implementing our core software infrastructure.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for onboard and offboard software infrastructure related to our autonomy operating system, including logging, playback, monitoring, simulation, data storage, kernel and driver optimization, and data infrastructure.
- Design and implement highly available, low latency onboard and offboard systems and tooling, leading to a robust, hardened autonomous vehicle and a high-efficiency software development experience for your peers.
- Be responsible for designing and writing loosely coupled, modern C++. Write high quality software in a variety of offboard languages (Python, etc.).
- Leverage the C++ type system to create safe & high performance components.
- Minimize coupling across the codebase with well thought out interfaces.
- Work closely with the producers and consumers of code and data throughout the software team.
- Strong technical background. BS, MS, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science or similar with 2+ years of experience building software infrastructure in an environment with significant scale and performance. You are comfortable across the stack from embedded device output all the way to distributed data storage environments.
- A team leader. Whether formally or informally, you have previously played the lead role on several projects. You take ownership and drive the team to deliver exceptional results.
- Proven ability to build and iterate quickly. You have experienced product development in all of its stages and are comfortable in the earlier stages – moving from zero to one.
- Hands on. You are on deck when the team is blocked doing everything you can to get the team moving again.
- Great communicator. You have experience writing clear, concise, and detailed documentation.
- Work with an experienced and agile team to revolutionize transportation.
- Lunch and snacks provided.
- Competitive salary, equity and benefits, including medical, dental & vision.
At Kodiak, we strive to build a diverse community working towards our common company goals in a safe and collaborative environment where harassment of any kind is strictly prohibited. Kodiak is committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.