Senior Product Manager (Kodiak Driver)
Mountain View, CA /
Product – Product Management /
Kodiak Robotics is known in the self-driving industry and our customer base as the safest, most scalable, and capable L4 self-driving truck technology (the Kodiak Driver). Kodiak will outfit our technology into our fleet partners’ trucks to augment their existing Class 8 fleet, running long-haul (100s to 1000s miles) lanes across the USA. Our approach to self driving technology began with our industry veteran leadership team in 2018, who knew that existing approaches couldn’t hope to scale and so set about creating a system that is exponentially faster to map new roads (and safer when mapped), has a sensor setup that is faster to swap out than a tire, and already has in place the fundamental redundant fallback technology to cover edge cases like a burst tire.
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to lead the design, definition and development of the Kodiak Driver. Kodiak is a highly collaborative organization based in Mountain View, CA and has a large commercial operation in Texas and the sunbelt states. This role will require presence in our Mountain View office to collaborate, with travel across the USA expected to understand the operating domain of our vehicles.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the product definition for Kodiak Driver software, including ODD definition and road mapping.
- Collaborate with autonomy functional leads and commercialization team to create a feasible product that can quickly get to market with the right product-market fit.
- Create product definitions that help bridge the gap between the what and the how.
- Perform strategic analysis of various product requirements to balance them against customer need and technical feasibility.
- Work with our systems engineering, and operations teams to define systems behavior.
- Be the conduit between our partners, commercial teams and engineering to execute towards our roadmap and turn technology into products with commercial value for Kodiak and our partners.
- 5+ years experience working in product management roles, ideally in autonomous vehicles or robotics.
- A passion to work with a team to solve technical problems, and create simple solutions.
- Comfort with ambiguity and the ability to effectively strategize, prioritize, and execute.
- Ability to build credibility and strong relationships within the engineering and operations organizations.
- Results-motivated with an ability to identify and solve the most pressing problems.
- Technical background with Masters degree or above in engineering, computer science or related field.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package including equity and biannual bonuses
- Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision plans through Kaiser Permanente, Anthem, and Guardian (including a medical plan with infertility benefits)
- Flexible PTO and generous parental leave policies
- Office perks: dog-friendly, free catered lunch, a fully stocked kitchen, and free EV charging
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, Life Insurance
- Wellbeing Benefits - Headspace, One Medical, Gympass, Spring Health
- Fidelity 401(k)
- Commuter, FSA, Dependent Care FSA, HSA
- Various incentive programs (referral bonuses, patent bonuses, etc.)
The annual salary range for this full-time position is $130,000-$170,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. We can share more about the specific salary range for your job level during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed above are base salary only and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
At Kodiak, we strive to build a diverse community working towards our common company goals in a safe and collaborative environment where harassment of any kind is strictly prohibited. Kodiak is committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.