Mountain View, CA
General & Administrative – Finance
Kodiak Robotics is developing autonomous technology for long-haul trucking. We are in the process of building a world-class team in the self-driving space. Our aim is to ship a product in the near future by taking a more focused approach to self-driving and pairing it with a very specific business case. We have a strong core team coming from the leading companies in the space and already have funding to continue growing the team.
We are looking for an Accounting Associate who will work under the direction of the Head of Finance and in collaboration with our external accounting firm in a fast-paced, rapidly changing startup environment. The person in this role will be responsible for owning the accounts payable cycle, assisting with maintaining and reconciling financial statement accounts, supporting operational activity, providing general analytical support by applying accounting principles and procedures to assist in analyzing the financial information, and preparing accurate and timely financial reports and statements.
What you'll be doing:
- Process accounts payable, coding of invoices/purchases, and vendor management. This includes, but is not limited to: matching invoices against purchase orders, ensuring proper authorization for all expenditures outside the purchase order process, resolving issues with vendors and internal customers, and ensuring expenditures are charged to appropriate accounts.
- Verify employee’s expenses to ensure compliance with company policies.
- Audit and monitor corporate credit card transactions to ensure all charges comply with company card policies.
- Support general accounting functions, including accruals and other period-end close work such as preparing journal entries, reconciling bank accounts and other account balances, and reviewing aging reports.
- Maintain fixed asset ledger.
- Maintain budget file with actuals.
- Assist with year-end compliance requirements (business and income tax support) including 1099 preparation and filing, sales and use tax returns, property tax returns, etc.
- Document policies, procedures, issues memos thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with U.S. GAAP and company policyIdentify and implement opportunities for process improvements or automation.
- Fulfill external audit requests for supporting documentation.
- Assist in special projects assigned by the Head of Finance.
What we're looking for:
- General understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Knowledge of double-entry accounting through general ledger.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks, Microsoft Suite (Microsoft Excel skills e.g. v-lookup, pivot tables, etc.), accounting cloud solutions (e.g., Bill.com).
- High sense of urgency, dedication, and the ability to accomplish tasks quickly and accurately.
- Strong analytical skills and high attention to details.
- Strong organizational skills and follow through.
- Ability to manage deadlines and prioritize workload.
- Ability to exercise confidentiality.
- Strong and transparent communication skills.
- Ability to be independent, self-sufficient, and a self-starter.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Minimum two-three years of experience with responsibilities for transaction processing.
- Start-up experience a plus.
What we offer:
- A place with big goals that we trust we can achieve.
- A fast paced environment where we work with talented, committed and supportive teammates.
- Equity and competitive pay. Every employee is a stakeholder in Kodiak’s success.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits including OneMedial membership.
- Flexible PTO and generous parental leave policies.
- A beautiful facility in Mountain View.
At Kodiak, we strive to build a diverse community working towards our common company goals in a safe and collaborative environment where harassment of any kind is strictly prohibited. Kodiak is committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.