IT Systems Engineer
Mountain View, CA /
General & Administrative – IT /
Kodiak was founded in April 2018 to develop autonomous technology that carries freight forward—so people, partners, and the planet thrive. Navigating highway environments presents vastly different challenges than urban streets. Kodiak’s experienced team has developed the industry’s most advanced technology stack purpose-built specifically for long-haul trucks. From our sensor fusion system that maximizes the value of every sensing modality, to our unique lightweight mapping solution that allows our trucks to navigate ever-changing highway construction zones, our world-class team of industry pioneers is bringing the benefits of autonomy to the $800B a year trucking industry quickly, safely, and efficiently.
Kodiak Robotics is currently seeking an IT Systems Engineer to join our growing team working out of our Mountain View, CA HQ. This position will be the technical escalation point for Global End Users and Executives. The role requires a high level of technical proficiency and requires an individual with executive presence and good social skills. Must be able to quickly and effectively diagnose, and resolve issues related to Mac, Linux and Windows systems, mobile devices, printers, and video conferencing. Kodiak is looking for an individual who is customer focused, passionate about the end user experience, enjoys challenging themselves constantly to improve, and empowering the end user community by providing IT knowledge and tools. This role will be a mix of hands-on support services and collaborating on infrastructure-as-code projects with the greater IT infrastructure team. There will be many opportunities to learn, plenty of room to grow, and many interesting projects to take ownership of.
In this role, you will:
- Driving improvements by automating IT and infrastructure processes.
- Provide onsite and remote support for Engineers and staff
- Provide end user support to Windows, Mac OS, and Ubuntu Linux platforms when needed
- Coordinate issue resolution with operations and engineering staff, working with domain specialists to resolve issues.
- Provide feedback, quality assurance, and user acceptance testing for platforms and services.
- Manage own time to fulfill tasks efficiently, in the correct priority and to the required level of quality, within the context of the objectives supplied by the manager.
- Participate in the deployment, support, maintenance and troubleshooting of LAN/WAN, WiFi and Cloud network infrastructure
What you'll bring:
- Experience with automation and orchestration tools related to IT infrastructure
- Experience collaborating in an infrastructure-as-code work environment
- Experience using Git for collaboration
- Experience delivering the right services at the right time in a rapidly changing business environment
- A working understanding of SSO concepts including SAML, OIDC and supporting users with MFA, etc.
- Excellent project and time management skills, ability to manage expectations in a deadline-driven environment and to balance strategic projects with day-to-day accountabilities
- Strong proficiency in verbal and written communication
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Experience with Ansible, Terraform, Grafana or Prometheus
- Experience with Juniper Networks or Palo Alto Networks
- Experience with Rancher, Kubernetes
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with MinIO
- Experience with Okta
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package including equity and biannual bonuses
- Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision plans through Kaiser Permanente, Anthem, and Guardian (including a medical plan with infertility benefits)
- Flexible PTO and generous parental leave policies
- Office perks: dog-friendly, free catered lunch, a fully stocked kitchen, and free EV charging
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, Life Insurance
- Wellbeing Benefits - Headspace, One Medical, Gympass, Spring Health
- Fidelity 401(k)
- Commuter, FSA, Dependent Care FSA, HSA
- Various incentive programs (referral bonuses, patent bonuses, etc.)
The annual salary range for this full-time position is $130,000-$170,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. We can share more about the specific salary range for your job level during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed above are base salary only and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
At Kodiak, we strive to build a diverse community working towards our common company goals in a safe and collaborative environment where harassment of any kind is strictly prohibited. Kodiak is committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.