Mountain View, CA
General & Administrative – Legal
Kodiak Robotics is developing autonomous technology for long-haul trucking. Our team is highly experienced and comes from the leading technology companies in the space.
We are looking for a Paralegal to join our legal team in Mountain View, CA. This position offers support to the legal team who work on a wide variety of exciting matters, including contract drafting and negotiation, regulatory compliance, data security and privacy matters, corporate and securities matters, and employment law matters, among others. The individual must be well organized, able to work independently, manage matters effectively, be an engaged and personable team member who loves to work closely with stakeholders across the organization, and appreciate the need for professionalism and confidentiality with respect to sensitive company matters.
In this role, you will:
- Take primary responsibility for legal document file maintenance and organization.
- Draft, and often negotiate, Kodiak form agreements including non-disclosure agreements, vendor agreements and other contracts.
- Maintain the company’s cap records and related documents in Carta.
- Manage company activity on its contract management platform, Ironclad, and help ensure contracts are being reviewed and progressed in accordance with company policy.
- Keep and report metrics regarding the legal team output and performance, including documentation of closed agreements.
- Support due diligence responses and data room management.
- Support the growth of the Kodiak legal team in an exciting, rapidly changing and scaling environment.
- At least 5 years prior experience in legal operations, as a paralegal or as a junior lawyer in a law firm or in-house environment.
- Either (i) a relevant professional certification, preferably from an ABA-approved school, or other credentials demonstrating proof of paralegal qualifications and awareness of best practices or (ii) a law degree from an accredited law school.
- Experience in a fast-moving and dynamic environment.
- Love for the administrative and organizational sides of things: flawless filing and document management, strong reporting, and doing things by the book.
- High level of proficiency in basic office software (e.g. Microsoft Office suite; Google Docs, Adobe Acrobat, Slack, Carta).
Who you are:
- A no-job-too-big-no-job-too-small professional who believes in what we're doing and wants to help us make self-driving trucks a reality.
- A self-driven individual with a drive to make an impact.
- A hyper-organized, super-responsive, generally on-top-of-your-stuff kind of person able to prioritize tasks and complete them under time constraints.
- A thinker with the ability to pay close attention to detail for extended periods of time.
- A problem solver with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel and as part of a team.
- A professional with perspective and the judgment to identify when something is a small issue or a big deal and when to escalate or handle.
- A quick learner willing to work without perfect information and the ability to get smart fast as new business opportunities demand.
- Someone who likes to be challenged and is looking for a role and company in which to grow.
- Someone who likes to get to know their co-workers and have fun, all while working together towards one goal.
What we offer:
- A place with big goals filled with people who are working to make them happen.
- A fast paced environment where we work with talented, committed and supportive teammates.
- Equity and competitive pay. Every employee is a stakeholder in Kodiak’s success.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits, including One Medical membership for you and your family.
- Flexible PTO and generous parental leave policies.
- A beautiful facility in Mountain View.
- We love our dogs, so we are a dog-friendly office!
At Kodiak, we strive to build a diverse community working towards our common company goals in a safe and collaborative environment where harassment of any kind is strictly prohibited. Kodiak is committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.