Mountain View, CA
Engineering – Systems
Kodiak Robotics is developing autonomous technology for long-haul trucking. Our team is highly experienced and comes from the leading technology companies in the space.
We are looking for an experienced systems engineer to join us and drive the interaction and validation of autonomous driving capabilities across engineering disciplines.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for the architecture, integration, verification, and validation of our software, sensing, redundant compute, and redundant actuation systems.
- Work closely with the product, hardware, and software teams to define, author, and implement engineering requirements.
- Understand and incorporate automotive requirements and environmental challenges.
- Diagnose and drive resolution on system issues.
- Support module and vehicle builds.
- Manage relationships with suppliers and external partners.
- Strong technical background. MS or PhD, or equivalent experience, in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Physics, with 5+ years of experience in the automotive, aerospace or related industry. You understand the design and architecture of safety-critical systems, you know how to analyze systems using structured approaches (such as DFMEA and FTA), and you have deep prior experience with actuation, propulsion, and/or sensing technologies. Prior experience in validation of autonomous systems is a strong plus.
- A team leader. Whether formally or informally, you have previously played the lead role on several projects. You take ownership and drive the team to deliver exceptional results.
- Proven ability to build and iterate quickly. You have experienced product development in all of its stages and are comfortable in the earlier stages – moving from zero to one.
- Hands on. You are just as comfortable getting your hands dirty analyzing a subsystem in the shop as when using a keyboard.
- Great communicator. You have experience writing clear, concise, and detailed documentation including engineering requirements documents, block diagrams and state diagrams. You know how to facilitate tradeoffs between engineering and product requirements, but always maintain high safety standards.
- Work with an experienced and agile team to revolutionize transportation.
- Lunch and snacks provided.
- Competitive salary, equity and benefits, including medical, dental & vision.
At Kodiak, we strive to build a diverse community working towards our common company goals in a safe and collaborative environment where harassment of any kind is strictly prohibited. Kodiak is committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.