Engineering – Mechanical
Kodiak Robotics is developing autonomous technology for long-haul trucking. Our team is highly experienced and comes from the leading technology companies in the space.
We are looking for a fleet technician to join us in building and maintaining our experimental and operations vehicles.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for modifications and maintenance to autonomous vehicle platforms.
- Inspect and certify operational state of vehicles.
- Build and install cutting edge autonomy hardware such as sensors, actuators, and computational equipment.
- Work closely with design and validation engineers to aid in the development of hardware systems.
- Create and maintain both vehicle build and maintenance documentation to shape fleet growth to scale.
- Strong hands-on background. Substantial and diverse experience in the automotive, aerospace or related industry. Familiarity with maintenance of safety-critical hardware systems. Certifications in automotive, industrial, or aerospace service preferred (ASE, A&P, etc).
- Reliability and consistency. You have a track record of meticulous work. You are comfortable developing and practicing methodical service through the use of checklists, protocols, and work documentation.
- Clear communication. You are comfortable providing feedback to engineers, and sharing insights with the team at large to improve products and processes. You know how to collaborate, and when to get secondary inspection and review for safety-critical decisions.
- Innovative mindset. You like to find ways to improve the system you are working on. You can solve problems and complete tasks even when the path to the solution is not clear at the outset.
- Work with an experienced and agile team to revolutionize transportation.
- Lunch and snacks provided.
- Competitive salary, equity and benefits, including medical, dental & vision.
At Kodiak, we strive to build a diverse community working towards our common company goals in a safe and collaborative environment where harassment of any kind is strictly prohibited. Kodiak is committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.