Embedded Software Engineer
Mountain View, CA /
Engineering – Electrical & Embedded /
Kodiak Robotics is not just a software company, we are developing autonomous technology for long-haul trucking. Our team is highly experienced and comes from the leading technology companies in the space.
We are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer with a background in embedded systems who understands the fundamentals of hardware design and test. The role will work closely with the hardware engineering team developing, testing, and integrating low level hardware features along with diagnostics to ensure the health of the platform. The role will work collaboratively across software and electrical engineering, and integration teams to build safe, reliable systems.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with hardware EE on design and test of high reliable hardware systems
- Collaborate with software engineering on architecture, optimizations and reviews
- Contribute to hardware specifications to ensure test coverage and fault detection
- Participate in hands-on hardware bring-up in the engineering lab using analyzers and probes
- Debug common truck functions on the vehicles (Driver interfaces, Braking, Steering)
- Develop software for embedded platforms (x86, ARM) in C/C++
- Develop software for sensors. Evaluation and production (Camera, Radar, Lidar, IMU)
- Develop software for network devices, time synchronization experience a plus
- Strong technical background. BS or MS, or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering
- 5+ years of software development experience with 1+ of those years in the automotive, aerospace or related industry
- Extensive programming experience in C/C++
- Deep knowledge of embedded programming platforms
- Good understanding of networking fundamentals
- Experience with implementation and on-vehicle debugging of low level hardware buses such as I2C, CAN, SPI, and UART
- Experience with high speed hardware communication such as PCIe and Automotive Ethernet
- Hands on. You are just as comfortable getting your hands dirty analyzing a subsystem in the shop as when using a keyboard.
- Great communicator. You have experience writing clear, concise, and detailed documentation
- Passion. You are passionate about autonomous vehicles and their potential impact on humanity
What we offer:
- A place with big goals that we trust we can achieve.
- A fast paced environment where we work with talented, committed and supportive teammates.
- Equity and competitive pay. Every employee is a stakeholder in Kodiak’s success.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits.
- Flexible PTO and generous parental leave policies.
- A beautiful facility in Mountain View.
- We love our dogs, so we are a dog friendly office!
At Kodiak, we strive to build a diverse community working towards our common company goals in a safe and collaborative environment where harassment of any kind is strictly prohibited. Kodiak is committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.