Embedded Software Engineer
Mountain View, CA
Engineering – Electrical & Embedded
Kodiak Robotics is developing autonomous technology for long-haul trucking. Our team is highly experienced and comes from the leading technology companies in the space.
We are looking for an embedded software engineer to join us and implement high reliability interfaces to sensors and actuators.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for developing software for interfacing with a variety of hardware for the purposes of robot control and sensing tasks.
- Write highly reliable C and C++ code for running safety-critical systems on microcontrollers, as well as the corresponding drivers.
- Write high-performance drivers for off-the-shelf sensors.
- Design for automotive requirements and environmental challenges.
- Work closely with the hardware and systems teams to enable detailed verification of the embedded architecture, and with the software teams to facilitate a tight integration in the autonomy stack.
- Strong technical background. BS or MS, or equivalent experience, in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Robotics with 2+ years experience in low-level embedded architecture and programming, ideally in the automotive or aerospace industry. You understand vehicle safety principles and have prior experience with communication protocols used in systems for robotics, automotive or similar industries.
- Broad embedded engineering knowledge. You are a skilled C/C++ programmer, you have no issues interfacing with an embedded processor, and you also know which chipsets to pick for a given task. Ideally you have experience implementing DSP algorithms and a good knowledge of control theory.
- A team leader. Whether formally or informally, you have previously played the lead role on several projects. You take ownership and drive the team to deliver exceptional results.
- Proven ability to build and iterate quickly. You have experienced product development in all of its stages and are comfortable in the earlier stages – moving from zero to one.
- Hands on. You are just as comfortable with an scope as a keyboard.
- Great communicator. Experience writing clear, concise, and detailed documentation. You are interested in the performance of the entire system across engineering disciplines, and your communication style facilitates that.
- Work with an experienced and agile team to revolutionize transportation.
- Lunch and snacks provided.
- Competitive salary, equity and benefits, including medical, dental & vision.