Motion Planning Engineer
Mountain View, CA
Engineering – Motion Planning & Controls
Kodiak Robotics is developing autonomous technology for long-haul trucking. Our team is highly experienced and comes from the leading technology companies in the space.
We are looking for a highly skilled Motion Planning Engineer to join us.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for motion planner design, architecture, and implementation in well-tested, highly robust C++ code.
- Solve a wide range of motion planning problems such as world-state generation, map integration, high-level reasoning, prediction, discrete and continuous optimization, trajectory generation, and vehicle control in both simulated and physical environments.
- Create a planning architecture capable of robust decision making under uncertainty with multiple fallbacks.
- Work closely with experts in upstream components (especially perception) to solve a wide range of driving scenarios. Drive requirements across the stack to develop safe vehicle behavior in nominal and challenging scenarios.
- Strong technical background. BS, MS, or PhD, or equivalent experience in Motion Planning and Optimization with 2+ years of experience in automotive robotics, aerospace robotics, or similar. You are an expert in modern autonomous vehicle planning techniques and have implemented motion planners in significant robotic systems. You are passionate about solving hard motion planning problems end-to-end and working with a team to deliver solutions.
- A team leader. Whether formally or informally, you have previously played the lead role on several projects. You take ownership and drive the team to deliver exceptional results.
- Proven ability to build and iterate quickly. You have experienced product development in all of its stages and are comfortable in the earlier stages – moving from zero to one.
- Great communicator. You have experience writing clear, concise, and detailed documentation.
- Work with an experienced and agile team to revolutionize transportation.
- Lunch and snacks provided.
- Competitive salary, equity and benefits, including medical, dental & vision.