Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Mountain View, CA
Engineering – Mechanical
Kodiak Robotics is developing autonomous vehicles. Our team is highly experienced and comes from the leading technology companies in the space.
We are looking for a manufacturing engineer to join us and develop autonomous hardware.
In this role, you will:
- Organize and lead build events for sensors, compute, actuation, and vehicle systems.
- Coordinate builds with engineering, technician, and operations teams.
- Provide DFM feedback for low to high volume manufacturing processes such as casting, stamping, injection molding, and machining
- Inspect hardware quality at various levels and resolve manufacturing issues
- Manage BOMs and CAD files
- Create and review documentation such as drawings, schematics, and build instructions
- Manage material inventory and drive purchasing requests
- Manage relationships with contract manufacturers, suppliers, and external partners
- Strong technical background. BS or MS, or equivalent experience, in Mechanical Engineering with 5+ years of experience in the automotive, aerospace or related industry. Strong CAD experience with packages such as SolidWorks, NX, Catia, and/or Creo.
- A team leader. Whether formally or informally, you have previously played the lead role on several projects. You take ownership and drive the team to deliver exceptional results.
- Proven ability to build and iterate quickly. You have experienced product development in all of its stages and are comfortable in the earlier stages – moving from zero to one.
- Hands on. You are just as comfortable with a wrench as a keyboard. You have a deep understanding of manufacturing processes for both low and high volume production.
- Great communicator. You have experience writing clear, concise, and detailed documentation. You are skilled in leading and participating in cross-functional design reviews.
- A place with big goals that we trust we can achieve.
- A fast paced environment where we work with talented, committed and supportive teammates.
- Equity and competitive pay. Every employee is a stakeholder in Kodiak’s success.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits.
- Flexible PTO and generous parental leave policies.
- A beautiful facility in Mountain View.
At Kodiak, we strive to build a diverse community working towards our common company goals in a safe and collaborative environment where harassment of any kind is strictly prohibited. Kodiak is committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.