Software Engineer: Visualization Tools
Mountain View, CA
Engineering – Infrastructure /
Kodiak Robotics has built the best self-driving technology purpose-built for long-haul trucks and defense applications. We care deeply because this technology will save lives and transform the freight industry. Lauded by commercial partners as the safest and most capable autonomous freight solution on the market, the Kodiak team is ushering in a new era of transportation. We’re led by many of the self-driving industry’s leading minds, who have built Kodiak’s technology from day one to be deployable and scalable. This includes Kodiak’s unique modular hardware approach that integrates sensors into a streamlined sensor-pod structure, optimizing for perception, scalability, and maintainability. The company delivers freight daily for its customers across the country, for some of the biggest names in trucking and most recognizable brands. Over the past year and a half, we announced commercial partnerships with a range of companies including IKEA, Pilot Company, Werner Enterprises, Forward, U.S. Xpress, and CEVA Logistics. We have demonstrated fundamental tech differentiators such as an on-road fallback, maintaining control of a truck after a catastrophic steer tire blowout, and our hot-swappable SensorPod.
We are looking for an Engineering Specialist with familiarity and talent in supporting, maintaining, and evolving 2D and 3D visualization tools for autonomous vehicle development and testing. This person must understand the fundamentals of AV perception and planning and the associated best practices in presenting complex data in an intuitive, efficient, and effective manner. This person must also have experience in deploying such tools into production with minimal disruption. This role will work collaboratively across multiple teams within Kodiak and must be willing and able to work at our Mountain View CA facility.
In this role, you will:
- Optimize and enhance existing application features and functionality to incorporate new requirements and user feedback.
- Implement features and functionality in React, TypeScript, and Three.js.
- Fix bugs and improve existing code.
- Programmatically interact with a variety of data sources including documents, databases, raw and/or processed sensor data, and backend APIs.
- Collaborate with Software Engineering, Software Quality, and Operations to understand end user requirements.
- Strong technical background as evidenced by BS, MS, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science or a related engineering discipline
- 4+ years of experience building intuitive fullstack applications
- Solid understanding of HTML, CSS, and related web technologies
- Familiarity of C++ is a bonus!
- Experience with app profiling and performance tuning.
- Familiarity with web sockets and Typed Arrays; Web Workers a plus
- Great communicator; you must be capable of writing clear, concise, and detailed documentation.
- Passion; you must be passionate about autonomous vehicles and their potential impact on humanity.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package including equity and biannual bonuses
- Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision plans through Kaiser Permanente, Anthem, and Guardian (including a medical plan with infertility benefits)
- Flexible PTO and generous parental leave policies
- Office perks: dog-friendly, free catered lunch, a fully stocked kitchen, and free EV charging
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, Life Insurance
- Wellbeing Benefits - Headspace, One Medical, Gympass, Spring Health
- Fidelity 401(k)
- Commuter, FSA, Dependent Care FSA, HSA
- Various incentive programs (referral bonuses, patent bonuses, etc.)
The annual salary range for this full-time position is $150,000-$200,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. We can share more about the specific salary range for your job level during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed above are base salary only and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
At Kodiak, we strive to build a diverse community working towards our common company goals in a safe and collaborative environment where harassment of any kind is strictly prohibited. Kodiak is committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
In alignment with its business operations, Kodiak adheres to all relevant U.S. national security statutes, regulations, and administrative prerequisites. These statutes may impose limitations on Kodiak's capacity to engage specific individuals in particular roles based on various national security-related criteria. Consequently, the eligibility for this position may hinge on Kodiak's verification of a candidate's residence, U.S. person status, and/or citizenship status. In accordance with these statutes , Kodiak may find it necessary to secure a U.S. government export license before disseminating its technologies to specific individuals. Should Kodiak determine that a candidate's residence, U.S. person status, and/or citizenship status necessitate a license, prohibit the candidate from assuming this position, or otherwise fall under national security-related restrictions, Kodiak explicitly retains the right to either assess the candidate for an alternative position unaffected by such restrictions, under terms and conditions set forth at Kodiak's sole discretion, or, as an alternative, opt not to proceed with the candidate's application.