Senior Technical Program Manager - Software Release
Mountain View, CA /
Product – Product Management /
Kodiak Robotics is known in the self-driving industry and our customer base as the safest, most scalable, and capable L4 self-driving truck technology (the Kodiak Driver). Kodiak will outfit our technology into our fleet partners’ trucks to augment their existing Class 8 fleet, running long-haul (100s to 1000s miles) lanes across the USA. Our approach to self driving technology began with our industry veteran leadership team in 2018, who knew that existing approaches couldn’t hope to scale and so set about creating a system that is exponentially faster to map new roads (and safer when mapped), has a sensor setup that is faster to swap out than a tire, and already has in place the fundamental redundant fallback technology to cover edge cases like a burst tire.
We are looking for an experienced TPM / Release Manager to join us and advance the development of the building blocks of our autonomous vehicle stack. Kodiak is a highly collaborative organization based in Mountain View, CA and has a large commercial operation in Texas and the sunbelt states. This role will require presence in our Mountain View office.
In this role, you will:
- Own the release management process across our Kodiak product for all of our product components.
- Manage and improve our release management scheme to enable our software to be deployed with enough frequency to support new feature development, while also allowing for long-term stability with high quality for our production software for deployment with our fleet customers.
- Help to manage the earlier stage planning of software releases with feature prioritization and planning activities, working closely with TPMs, engineering leads and product managers.
- Orchestrate and track the commitment of code across the engineering team to support our technical feature roadmaps and release plans.
- Create regular reporting and dashboards that describe the current state of software releases, and health of releases. Organize and deliver updates to the engineering team and leadership, and highlight areas for improvement.
- Strong experience managing software releases, with at least 2+ years of experience with release management.
- Prior experience with autonomous vehicles or robotics required.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering, or a similar technical field.
- Experience managing fast paced initiatives, often with multiple stakeholders, complex schedules, and priority calls that need to be made.
- Strong understanding of software development processes and how to efficiently execute.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You know how to facilitate tradeoffs between engineering and product requirements, but always maintain high safety standards.
- Experience with GitHub or similar code repositories / software versioning systems.
- Passion. You are passionate about autonomous vehicles and their potential impact on humanity.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package including equity and biannual bonuses
- Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision plans through Kaiser Permanente, Anthem, and Guardian (including a medical plan with infertility benefits)
- Flexible PTO and generous parental leave policies
- Office perks: dog-friendly, free catered lunch, a fully stocked kitchen, and free EV charging
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, Life Insurance
- Wellbeing Benefits - Headspace, One Medical, Gympass, Spring Health
- Fidelity 401(k)
- Commuter, FSA, Dependent Care FSA, HSA
- Various incentive programs (referral bonuses, patent bonuses, etc.)
The annual salary range for this full-time position is $150,000-$185,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. We can share more about the specific salary range for your job level during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed above are base salary only and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
At Kodiak, we strive to build a diverse community working towards our common company goals in a safe and collaborative environment where harassment of any kind is strictly prohibited. Kodiak is committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.