Mountain View, CA
Engineering – Electrical & Embedded
Kodiak Robotics is developing autonomous technology for long-haul trucking. Our team is highly experienced and comes from the leading technology companies in the space.
We are looking for an electrical engineer to join us and design the electrical architecture.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for electrical design, assembly, test and integration of sensor, embedded compute, and actuation systems.
- Design for automotive requirements and environmental challenges.
- Support module and vehicle builds.
- Work closely with the software team to define and convert perception, planning, and control requirements into hardware specifications.
- Manage relationships with suppliers and external partners.
- Strong technical background. BS or MS, or equivalent experience, in Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of experience in the automotive, aerospace or related industry. You understand vehicle safety principles and have prior experience with communication protocols used in systems for robotics, automotive or similar industries.
- A team leader. Whether formally or informally, you have previously played the lead role on several projects. You take ownership and drive the team to deliver exceptional results.
- Proven ability to build and iterate quickly. You have experienced product development in all of its stages and are comfortable in the earlier stages – moving from zero to one.
- Hands on. You are just as comfortable with a soldering iron and a keyboard.
- Great communicator. Experience writing clear, concise, and detailed documentation.
- Work with an experienced and agile team to revolutionize transportation.
- Lunch and snacks provided.
- Competitive salary, equity and benefits, including medical, dental & vision.
At Kodiak, we strive to build a diverse community working towards our common company goals in a safe and collaborative environment where harassment of any kind is strictly prohibited. Kodiak is committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.