Senior Finance Associate
Mountain View, CA
General & Administrative – Finance
Kodiak Robotics is developing autonomous technology for long-haul trucking. We are in the process of building a world-class team in the self-driving space. Our aim is to ship a product in the near future by taking a more focused approach to self-driving and pairing it with a very specific business case. We have a strong core team coming from the leading companies in the space and already have funding to continue growing the team.
We are looking for a Senior Finance Associate to work across the entire finance organization of a fast-paced startup. This role requires balance between the amorphous nature of complex, long term financial modeling with detail-oriented rigor. This individual must possess strong finance and accounting fundamentals to inform data driven decision-making by the leadership team. In the short to medium term, the individual will lead our financial forecasting activities and develop dashboards to track and analyze company-wide KPIs. Further, the individual will assist with month end close duties and special projects as needed and assigned by our Head of Finance.
What you'll be doing:
- Prepare three statement financial models as needed to forecast the short-, medium-, and long-term needs, updating such forecast, and clearly documenting and explaining changes to the plan.
- Help optimize resourcing and capital allocation through data-driven financial analyses.
- Build and continually improve the financial planning processes and tools, as well as develop dashboards for tracking and analyzing various key performance indicators and driving new relevant metrics.
- Maintain budget files for variance analysis of forecast vs. actuals and develop the story behind the numbers.
- Assist with month-end closing, including coding invoices/purchases and coordinating with the Accounting/Tax teams to provide the necessary close and filing requirements as needed.
- Assist with investor reporting.
- Assist in special projects assigned by the Head of Finance, including industry competitive research and analysis.
We're looking for someone who:
- Has a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field.
- Has minimum five years of experience in investment banking, private equity or corporate development, coupled with complex financial analyses.
- Is highly experienced in building and developing bottoms-up financial operating models from scratch in Excel.
- Has a high sense of urgency and dedication. Must have the ability to and be comfortable with managing short deadlines and prioritizing workload. Work completed must be thoughtfully done and accurate.
- Possesses strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Has strong organizational skills and follow through.
- Can handle sensitive information with confidentiality.
- Practices strong and transparent communication skills.
- Is independent, self-sufficient, and a self-starter.
What we offer:
- A place with big goals that we trust we can achieve.
- A fast paced environment where we work with talented, committed and supportive teammates.
- Equity and competitive pay. Every employee is a stakeholder in Kodiak’s success.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits.
- Flexible PTO and generous parental leave policies.
- A beautiful facility in Mountain View.
At Kodiak, we strive to build a diverse community working towards our common company goals in a safe and collaborative environment where harassment of any kind is strictly prohibited. Kodiak is committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.