Mountain View, CA
Engineering – Perception
Kodiak Robotics is developing autonomous technology for long-haul trucking. Our team is highly experienced and comes from the leading technology companies in the space.
We are looking for a highly skilled perception engineer to join us and solve real-world robotics problems.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for designing perception algorithms and implementing them in robust, efficient, and well-tested C++ code.
- Solve real-world perception challenges such as lane detection, object detection and classification, tracking, sensor fusion, localization, mapping, or sensor calibration.
- Integrate both novel and well-established techniques such as deep neural networks, decision trees, Kalman and particle filters, or point cloud processing on camera, laser, radar, and ultrasound data.
- Collaborate closely with other experts on the team, including the planning and systems engineering team.
- Strong technical background. BS, MS or PhD with 2+ years of academic or industry experience in designing and implementing perception algorithms. You are a skilled software engineer with experience in C++ and strong problem-solving skills. You are passionate about solving real-world robotics problems, and you have ideally worked on autonomous robots before. Prior knowledge of working with deep neural networks is a strong plus.
- A team player. You take ownership and work with the team to deliver exceptional results. You are interested in the performance of the entire system across engineering disciplines.
- Ability to build and iterate quickly. You enjoy working fast and smart, and you are comfortable in the earlier stages of developing an algorithm from scratch.
- Hands on. You dig deep into important details such as the sensor driver if it improves the overall system. You like working with production machine learning pipelines, from dataset collection and labeling to training and validation.
- Great communicator. You have experience writing clear, concise, and detailed documentation.
- Work with an experienced and agile team to revolutionize transportation.
- Lunch and snacks provided.
- Competitive salary, equity and benefits, including medical, dental & vision.