Mountain View, CA
Engineering – Mechanical
Kodiak Robotics is developing autonomous technology for long-haul trucking. Our team is highly experienced and comes from the leading technology companies in the space.
We are looking for a mechanical engineer to join us and develop autonomous hardware.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for mechanical design, assembly, test and integration of sensors, compute, and actuation systems.
- Design for automotive requirements and environmental challenges.
- Support module and vehicle builds.
- Work closely with the software team to define and convert perception, planning, and control requirements into hardware specifications.
- Diagnose and drive resolution of technical issues.
- Manage relationships with suppliers and external partners.
- Strong technical background. BS or MS, or equivalent experience, in Mechanical Engineering with 5+ years of experience in the automotive, aerospace or related industry. Strong CAD experience with packages such as SolidWorks, NX, Catia, and/or Creo.
- A team leader. Whether formally or informally, you have previously played the lead role on several projects. You take ownership and drive the team to deliver exceptional results.
- Proven ability to build and iterate quickly. You have experienced product development in all of its stages and are comfortable in the earlier stages – moving from zero to one.
- Hands on. You are just as comfortable with a wrench as a keyboard. You have a deep understanding of manufacturing processes for both low and high volume production.
- Great communicator. You have experience writing clear, concise, and detailed documentation. You are skilled in leading and participating in cross-functional design reviews.
- Work with an experienced and agile team to revolutionize transportation.
- Lunch and snacks provided.
- Competitive salary, equity and benefits, including medical, dental & vision.