Senior Mechanical Engineer - FEA
Mountain View, CA /
Engineering – Mechanical /
Kodiak Robotics is not just a software company, we are developing autonomous technology for long-haul trucking. Our team is highly experienced and comes from the leading technology companies in the space.
We are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join us and develop autonomous hardware.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for mechanical design, analysis, integration and testing of sensors, compute, and actuation systems
- Focus on performing FEA and physical testing activities in addition to other stages of hardware development
- Run FEA models for a variety of physics such as structural modal, impact, CFD, optics, RF, and more
- Plan simulations and tests utilizing tools such as DVP&Rs to drive verification phases to completion
- Provide feedback to other engineers based on analysis and test results
- Support module and vehicle builds
- Work closely with the software team to define and convert perception, planning, and control requirements into hardware specifications
- Develop requirements for automotive and environmental challenges
- Diagnose and drive resolution of technical issues
- Manage relationships with testing facilities, suppliers, and other external partners
- Strong technical background. BS or MS, or equivalent experience, in Mechanical Engineering with 5+ years of experience in the automotive, aerospace or related industry.
- Strong CAD experience with packages such as SolidWorks, NX, Catia, and/or Creo
- Strong FEA experience with packages such as ANSYS Mechanical Workbench, Icepak, Speos, and SolidWorks Simulation
- Experience with data acquisition systems with accelerometers, thermocouples, and strain gauges
- A team leader. Whether formally or informally, you have previously played the lead role on several projects. You take ownership and drive the team to deliver exceptional results
- Proven ability to build and iterate quickly. You have experienced product development in all of its stages and are comfortable in the earlier stages – moving from zero to one
- Hands on. You are just as comfortable with a wrench as a keyboard. You have a deep understanding of manufacturing processes for both low and high volume production
- Great communicator. You have experience writing clear, concise, and detailed documentation. You are skilled in leading and participating in cross-functional design reviews
- A place with big goals that we trust we can achieve.
- A fast paced environment where we work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and competitive pay. Every employee is a stakeholder in Kodiak’s success.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits.
- Flexible PTO and generous parental leave policies.
- A beautiful facility in Mountain View
- We love our dogs, so we are a dog friendly office!
At Kodiak, we strive to build a diverse community working towards our common company goals in a safe and collaborative environment where harassment of any kind is strictly prohibited. Kodiak is committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.