Mountain View, CA
Engineering – Systems
Kodiak Robotics is developing autonomous technology for long-haul trucking. Our team is highly experienced and comes from the leading technology companies in the space.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager, Systems to join us and drive the interaction and validation of autonomous driving capabilities across engineering disciplines.
In this role, you will:
- Lead a team of talented System Engineers responsible for the architecture, integration, verification, and validation of our software, sensing, redundant compute, and redundant actuation systems (both technical leadership and people management).
- Drive the formulation and review of team roadmaps and objectives.
- Work closely with the product, hardware, and software teams to define, author, and implement engineering requirements while educating others on good requirement definition and verification practices.
- Understand and incorporate automotive requirements and environmental challenges.
- Diagnose and drive resolution on system issues.
- Support module and vehicle builds.
- Manage relationships with suppliers and external partners.
- Collaborate with other teams and stakeholders in the organization seeking alignment and advocating holistic approaches and issue resolution.
- Nurture and coach team members while providing technical direction and career development opportunities.
- Attract, grow and retain top tier talent.
- Strong technical background. MS or PhD, or equivalent experience, in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Physics, with 5+ years of experience in the automotive, aerospace or related industry. You understand the design and architecture of safety-critical systems, you know how to analyze systems using structured approaches (such as DFMEA and FTA), and you have deep prior experience with actuation, propulsion, and/or sensing technologies. Prior experience in verification and validation of autonomous systems is a strong plus.
- A team leader. Whether formally or informally, you have previously played the lead role on several projects. You take ownership and drive the team to deliver exceptional results.
- Proven ability to build and iterate quickly. You have experienced product development in all of its stages and are comfortable in the earlier stages – moving from zero to one.
- Hands on. You are just as comfortable getting your hands dirty analyzing a subsystem in the shop as when using a keyboard.
- Great communicator. You have experience writing clear, concise, and detailed documentation including engineering requirement documents, block diagrams and state diagrams. You know how to facilitate tradeoffs between engineering and product requirements, but always maintain high safety standards.
- Passion. You are passionate about autonomous vehicles and their potential impact on humanity.
- A place with big goals that we trust we can achieve.
- A fast paced environment where we work with talented, committed and supportive teammates.
- Equity and competitive pay. Every employee is a stakeholder in Kodiak’s success.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits.
- Flexible PTO and generous parental leave policies.
- A beautiful facility in Mountain View.
- We love our dogs, so we are a dog friendly office!
At Kodiak, we strive to build a diverse community working towards our common company goals in a safe and collaborative environment where harassment of any kind is strictly prohibited. Kodiak is committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.