Mountain View, CA
Engineering – Infrastructure
Kodiak Robotics is developing autonomous technology for long-haul trucking. Our team is highly experienced and comes from the leading technology companies in the space.
We are looking for a front-end engineer to join us to design and build our visualization systems. If you are interested in working with huge lidar point clouds and image data, and know that shaders are not just for keeping the sun out, you are at the right address!
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for designing interfaces that communicate what our autonomous semi-truck is thinking, from low-level sensor data to abstract object visualization and user interaction.
- Visualize complex information streams in appealing & simple displays.
- Efficiently process large quantities of data using web workers, and WebGL or three.js.
- Design user experiences for engineers and operators, building the tools to make engineers more efficient, and our vehicles safer.
- Strong technical background. BS in computer science, and/or 3+ years experience in front-end development.
- You are able to integrate your work with back-end technology in C++, including database access in a distributed environment in order to adapt and maintain the data sources for visualizations.
- A team player. You take ownership and work with the team to deliver exceptional results. You are interested in the performance of the entire system across engineering disciplines.
- Proven ability to build and iterate quickly. You have experienced product development in all of its stages and are comfortable in the earlier stages – moving from zero to one.
- Great communicator. You have experience writing clear, concise, and detailed documentation. You understand your audience and you know how to highlight the information they need.
- Work with an experienced and agile team to revolutionize transportation.
- Lunch and snacks provided.
- Competitive salary, equity and benefits, including medical, dental & vision.
At Kodiak, we strive to build a diverse community working towards our common company goals in a safe and collaborative environment where harassment of any kind is strictly prohibited. Kodiak is committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.