Software Quality Ops Lead
Mountain View, CA
Engineering – Quality
Kodiak Robotics is developing autonomous technology for long-haul trucking. Our team is highly experienced and comes from the leading technology companies in the space.
We are looking for a Software Quality Ops Lead to join our rapidly growing team.
In this role, you will:
- Know the robot better than almost anyone else
- Study and assess performance results of our autonomous trucks
- Plan and execute root cause analysis to understand the underlying factors impacting the behavior of our vehicles.
- Recognize trends and patterns in unexpected situation
- Create regression testing scenarios in our simulation framework to facilitate streamlined software development.
- Escalate important issues in a timely manner to our software team to help with prioritization of development.
- Hire, train and lead other members of the Software Quality Ops team.
- AV industry experience - 3+ years of experience in the autonomous vehicle/robotics industry in a software quality operations role (triage, scenario creation and maintenance).
- BA or BSc preferred.
- A team leader- Whether formally or informally, you have previously played the lead role on several projects.
- You take ownership and drive the team to deliver exceptional results.
- You are a leader who doesn’t mind rolling up your sleeves to comb through the haystack to find the needle.
- Proven ability to get to the bottom of things.
- You are a critical thinker with strong root cause analysis skills.
- You are curious by nature and are willing to investigate with diligence and understand the cause of unexpected findings.
- Great communicator - Experience writing clear, concise, and detailed documentation.
- Love of robots - You love to be in, around, or near robots.
- Work with an experienced and agile team to revolutionize transportation
- Lunch and snacks provided
- Competitive salary, equity and benefits, including medical, dental & vision
At Kodiak, we are striving to build a diverse community working towards our common company goals in a safe and collaborative environment where harassment of any kind is strictly prohibited. Kodiak is committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.