NPI/Vehicle Integration Engineer
Mountain View, CA /
Engineering – Mechanical /
Kodiak Robotics is not just a software company, we are developing autonomous technology for long-haul trucking. Our team is highly experienced and comes from the leading technology companies in the space.
We are looking for an experienced engineer familiar with new product introduction and system-level integrations to work cross functionally to execute high quality build events.
In this role, you will:
- Organize and lead integration, troubleshooting and build events for sensors, compute, actuation, and vehicle systems
- Coordinate builds with cross functional teams (ME, EE, Mfg, and Vehicle Operations)
- Provide Design-For-Manufacturing feedback for low to mid-volume manufacturing processes
- Inspect hardware quality at various levels and resolve manufacturing/build issues
- Manage BOMs and CAD systems
- Create and review documentation such as drawings, schematics, build instructions, and incoming hardware quality tests/checks
- Manage material inventory and drive purchasing requests for build eventsManage relationships with contract manufacturers, suppliers, and external partners
- Strong technical background. BS or MS, or equivalent experience, in Mechanical Engineering with 3+ years of experience in the automotive, aerospace or related industry
- Strong CAD experience with packages such as SolidWorks, NX, Catia, and/or Creo
- A team leader, whether formally or informally, you have previously played the lead role on several projects. You take ownership and drive the team to deliver exceptional results
- Proven ability to build and iterate quickly; you have experienced product development in all of its stages and are comfortable in the earlier stages – moving from zero to one
- Hands on. You are just as comfortable with a wrench as a keyboard. You have a deep understanding of manufacturing processes for both low and high volume production
- Great communicator. You have experience writing clear, concise, and detailed documentation. You are skilled in leading and participating in cross-functional design reviews
What we can offer:
- A place with big goals that we trust we can achieve
- A fast paced environment where we work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and competitive pay. Every employee is a stakeholder in Kodiak’s success
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- Flexible PTO and generous parental leave policies
- A beautiful facility in Mountain View
- We love our dogs, so we are a dog friendly office!
At Kodiak, we strive to build a diverse community working towards our common company goals in a safe and collaborative environment where harassment of any kind is strictly prohibited. Kodiak is committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.