Embedded Hardware Engineer
Mountain View, CA
Engineering – Electrical & Embedded
Kodiak Robotics is developing autonomous technology for long-haul trucking. Our team is highly experienced and comes from the leading technology companies in the space.
We are looking for an embedded hardware engineer to join us and design the electrical architecture.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for electrical design, assembly, test, and integration of sensor, embedded compute, and actuation systems.
- Design and implement microcontroller-based vehicle control systems, targeted for high reliability, safety-critical applications.
- Design, implement, and debug analog and digital circuits to support a variety of sensors and actuators.
- Incorporate automotive requirements and standards, and manage environmental challenges.
- Collaborate closely with the hardware, software, and systems teams to turn autonomy and reliability requirements into hardware specifications.
- Manage relationships with suppliers and external partners.
- Strong technical background. BS or MS, or equivalent experience, in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Robotics with 2+ years experience in low-level embedded architecture design, ideally in the automotive industry. You understand vehicle safety principles and have prior experience with communication interfaces used in systems for robotics, automotive, or similar industries.
- Broad embedded engineering knowledge. You are a skilled PCB designer and know how to take hardware from design through bring-up to production. You know which chipsets to pick for a given task and you are comfortable deciding what should be built in-house vs. using existing components or outsourcing it. Ideally you have experience in programming C/C++ in embedded applications.
- A team leader. Whether formally or informally, you have previously played the lead role on several projects. You take ownership and drive the team to deliver exceptional results.
- Proven ability to build and iterate quickly. You have experienced product development in all of its stages and are comfortable in the earlier stages – moving from zero to one.
- Hands on. You are just as comfortable with a soldering iron as a keyboard.
- Great communicator. Experience writing clear, concise, and detailed documentation. You are interested in the performance of the entire system across engineering disciplines, and your communication style facilitates that.
- Work with an experienced and agile team to revolutionize transportation.
- Lunch and snacks provided.
- Competitive salary, equity and benefits, including medical, dental & vision.
At Kodiak, we strive to build a diverse community working towards our common company goals in a safe and collaborative environment where harassment of any kind is strictly prohibited. Kodiak is committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.