Mountain View, CA
General & Administrative – Finance
Kodiak Robotics is developing autonomous technology for long-haul trucking. We are in the process of building a world-class team in the self-driving space. Our aim is to ship a product in the near future by taking a more focused approach to self-driving and pairing it with a very specific business case. We have a strong core team coming from the leading companies in the space and have funding to continue growing the team.
We are looking for a hands-on team player to manage Kodiak Robotics’ accounting function end-to-end. The Accounting Manager will work under the direction of the Head of Finance and in collaboration with the Company’s external accounting firm in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. This position is responsible for owning the accounts payable cycle, maintaining and reconciling financial statement accounts, supporting operational activity, providing general analytical support by applying accounting principles and procedures to assist in analyzing the financial information, preparing accurate and timely financial reports and statements. The Accounting Manager will also drive the development of tools, processes and procedures to allow the company to scale.
What you'll be doing:
- Process accounts payable, coding of invoices/purchases and vendor management,
- This includes but is not limited to matching invoices against purchase orders, ensuring proper authorization for all expenditures outside the purchase order process and purchase orders are obtained when required, resolving issues with vendors and internal customers and ensuring expenditures are charged to appropriate accounts.
- Verify employees’ expenses to ensure compliance with company policies.
- Audit and monitor corporate credit cards transactions to ensure all charges comply with company card policy.
- Manage month-end close, and optimize to improve speed, efficiency and accuracy
- Support general ledger accounting functions, including accruals and other period-end close work such as preparing journal entries, reconciling bank accounts and other account balances and review aging reports.
- Create and manage balance sheet reconciliation schedules; maintain fixed asset ledger.
- Prepare, review and issue financial statements in accordance with US GAAP.
- Deliver financial statements for executive team and BOD; support quarterly reporting for investors.
- Monitor compliance with bank covenants and reporting packages.
- Document policies, procedures, issues memos thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with US GAAP and company policy.
- Maintain budget file with actual results; perform budget vs. actual variance analyses on a monthly basis.
- Assist finance with annual budget and monthly forecasting.
- Assist in specials projects assigned by the Head of Finance.
- Prepare year-end compliance requirements (business and income tax support) including 1099 preparation and filing, sales and use tax returns, property tax returns, etc.
- Oversee the preparation of tax returns (income, sales, use, etc.).
- Ready company for first financial audit and oversee process end-to-end.
- Manage corporate documents that facilitate audits and due diligence.
- Identify and implement opportunities for process improvements or automation.
- Drive selection of accounting / ERP system and oversee transition to new platform during 2020.
What we're looking for:
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and FASB interpretations.
- Experience in ERP systems, and implementation of new systems / software.
- Able to set and meet/manage deadlines and prioritize workload.
- Experience in designing and implementing accounting processes and controls.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks and accounting cloud solutions (e.g., Bill.com); strong experience with Excel for financial analysis, proficient in Word & PowerPoint.
- High sense of urgency, dedication and the ability to get things done fast and accurately.
- Strong analytical skills and high attention to details.
- Strong organization skills and follow through.
- Ability to exercise confidentiality.
- Strong written and verbal communication, with ability to communicate at all levels in the organization.
- Ability to be independent, self-sufficient and a self-starter.
- Excellent collaboration and relationship-building skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Minimum five years of experience.
- Public accounting experience preferred.
- Start-up experience a plus.
What we offer:
- A place with big goals that we trust we can achieve.
- A fast paced environment where we work with talented, committed and supportive teammates.
- Equity and competitive pay. Every employee is a stakeholder in Kodiak’s success.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits including OneMedical membership.
- Flexible PTO and generous parental leave policies.
- A beautiful facility in Mountain View.
At Kodiak, we strive to build a diverse community working towards our common company goals in a safe and collaborative environment where harassment of any kind is strictly prohibited. Kodiak is committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.