Senior Full Stack Engineer
South Melbourne, Victoria /
IT & Engineering – Software Engineering /
Kogan.com is a pioneer of Australian eCommerce. We are a dynamic and rapidly growing business. Our team believes in using & building technology to improve the online shopping experience for our customers. We are pragmatic, intelligent, fast paced and driven by seeing our software shipped to production daily.
We’re looking for senior software engineers, computer scientists, self taught developers, humans and/or aliens that are eager to join us!
The software we build - including www.kogan.com - is used by millions of customers, so this role has a huge impact. You'll be a key member of a team that is fast-paced, independent, ambitious and proficient across the full tech stack.
In this role you will:
- Build and develop new features across our e-commerce platform
- Coach and mentor existing and new team members
- Research, analyse, design, develop and test software systems to a quality level ready for production environments using Python/Django & React
- Be able to identify and diagnose inefficient code, functionality, bugs and systems and provide tests, reports and optimised code to replace the inefficient code
- Work with other members at Kogan.com to architect, lead and deliver complex scalable software systems and promote best practices in quality, delivery, monitoring, architecture and algorithm design
- Be able to break down assigned objectives into small and valuable deliverables / commitments to iteratively deliver into production
- Work and be exposed to a mature AWS infrastructure environment that support a high volume user-base
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- 5-10 years of relevant software development experience
- Knowledge of relational databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable code for UI components, including appropriate testing
- Able to develop strong and effective relationships, through excellent communication and negotiation skills
- "Conscientious" is your middle name. You care, you see things to completion, monitor them after they go live, and be proactive and accountable for bugs
- Comfortable working within a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Being agile and adaptable is key to success!
- Your role has a lot of autonomy and little red tape. You’ll be empowered to achieve positive outcomes and your work will have a material and visible impact on an already well functioning and established team.
- You’ll ride the online retail boom with us and be part of a company that are pioneers in the e-commerce space.
- Hack days that give you the opportunity to innovate and get your creative juices flowing.
- Learning budget of upto $1000.
- A range of employee benefits like Kogan First, Kogan discounts, health and wellness program, time to invest in learning and development, monthly lunches and loads more!
To find out more about how we work, our tech stack, processes and company culture, visit https://careers.kogan.com and https://devblog.kogan.com