Data Scientist - India
If you have experience with data science, you have a wealth of opportunities to grow your career. How about an environment with extraordinarily talented peers? How about a company offering a range of both big data products and professional services to expand your skills? How about an organization working on cutting edge projects that many of the biggest companies simply can't execute on their own? Are you looking to join a startup where you can directly contribute to the establishment of one the next great high tech companies? Then Kogentix, now hiring data scientists, may just be a perfect fit.
- Create data pipelines using big data technologies like Hadoop, spark etc.
- Create statistical models using distributed and standalone models to build various diagnostics, predictive and prescriptive solution.
- Utilize a broad variety of statistical packages like SAS, R , MLIB, Graphs, Hadoop, Spark , MapReduce, Pig and others
- Refine and train models based on domain knowledge and customer business objectives
- Deliver or collaborate on delivering effective visualizations to support the client business objectives
- Knowledge of machine learning and ability to create reliable predictions
- Fluency in R or Python in the context of scripting, data visualization and machine learning
- Extensive experience with SQL, Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Pig, MapReduce: Write UDFs to analyze unstructured data
- Experience turning ideas into actionable designs. Able to persuade stakeholders and champion effective techniques through product development
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, research-oriented group with several ongoing concurrent projects
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent presentation skills
- 5+ years of industrial or academic data-mining / analytics experience including applied techniques in data mining, machine learning, or graph mining using R, SPSS, Python, Matlab, or Java
- Education – Minimum a Masters in Statistics, preferably a PhD in domains linked to applied statistic’s, applied physics, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Vision etc.