If you have experience with big data solutions, you have a wealth of opportunities to grow your career. How about an environment with extraordinarily talented peers? How about a company offering a range of both big data products and professional services to expand your skills? How about an organization working on cutting edge projects that many of the biggest companies simply can't execute on their own? Are you looking to join a startup where you can directly contribute to the establishment of one the next great high tech companies? Then Kogentix, now hiring Hadoop Administrators, may just be a perfect fit.
- Administering large scale Hadoop environments build and support including design, cluster set up, performance tuning and monitoring in an enterprise environment
- Installing, administering, and supporting Linux operating systems and hardware
- System administration and programming skills such as storage capacity management, performance tuning
- Setup, configuration and management of security
- Manage and monitor platform infrastructure
- Automate cluster node provisioning and repetitive tasks.
- Manage Hadoop stack support run book.
- Responsible for cluster availability
- Support development and production deployments
- Support disaster recovery and business continuity practice
- 5+ years overall experience with 3+ years in Hadoop Administration
- 2+ years of experience in Hadoop and related technology stack
- Strong understanding of Hadoop design principals, cluster connectivity, security and the factors that affect distributed system performance
- Strong software development or scripting skills
- Strong knowledge and experience in supporting Linux environments
- Experience maintaining, troubleshooting and setup large clusters
- Experience supporting systems with 24X7 availability and monitoring
- Strong knowledge of current hardware systems commonly used in production environments
- Ability to proactively identify, troubleshoot and resolve live systems issues
- Technical documentation skill