Workday® HCM Architect
Functional - HCM /
Consultants at Kognitiv provide creative, effective, and integrated solutions for our clients across multiple industries. Our consultants are the clients’ trusted partners in expanding their Workday® footprint, efficiency, and ease of use.
A professional at this position level within Kognitiv has the following responsibilities:
Identifies, assesses and solves complex business problems for area of responsibility, where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Advises client on relevant current and planned functionality, as well as trends within functional area(s). Closely follows the strategic direction set by senior management when establishing near term goals. Interacts with senior management at a client and/or within Kognitiv on matters where they may need to gain acceptance on an alternate approach. Has some latitude in decision-making. Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments. Decisions have a major day to day impact on area of responsibility. Manages large work efforts at a client or within Kognitiv.
It is our intention for our people to work where they live. However, in the context of our profession and serving our clients there may be times when you will need to travel.
- Work independently and directly with clients to support and optimize Workday® Core HCM, Organizations, and Security in their business environments
- Closely follow the strategic direction set by senior management when establishing near term goals
- Deliver high-quality solutions across multiple industries
- Minimum of 2 years implementation experience in the following areas: Workday® core HCM, Workday Organizations, Workday Security, and an additional functional area.
- Workday® HCM Certified.
- Strong understanding of cross-functional configuration between Workday® core HCM and other HCM functional areas, such as compensation, benefits, recruiting, and Talent.
- Strong knowledge and experience in Business Process configuration, including Rule Based Business Processes, Condition Rules, and Notifications.
- Strong knowledge and experience in Organization Management, Re-organizations, Hierarchies, and Reporting.
- Strong knowledge and experience in the Workday Security Framework, including Role Based, User Based, and Intersection Security Groups.
- Strong understanding of Position Management, Job Management, and Job Catalog setup.
- Able to use integration tools such as EIB, Solution, and Object Transporter to facilitate data conversion and migration of configuration.
- Minimum of 3 years experience of application delivery, including design, configuration, testing, and deployment.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a consulting or technical environment or at least 4 years industry experience.
- Able to meet Minimum travel requirements, however, on average this is 5% or less travel per year.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree.
- Previous experience with a medium to large professional service organization
- Strong interest in collaborative work with clients
- Previous experience in software selection, vendor management
- Strong skills in the areas of calculated fields and reporting
Professional Skill Requirements
- Proven ability to participate and develop professionally in a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
All of our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Kognitiv (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Kognitiv or an affiliated Kognitiv business may not be eligible for consideration.
Equal Employment Opportunity - All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Kognitiv is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.