Workday® Absence and Time Tracking Architect - Remote
Newton, MA /
Functional - HCM /
Workday® Human Capital Management professionals demonstrate skills and experience in Workday® Absence Management and Time Tracking Functional Areas.
Identifies, assesses and solves complex business problems for area of responsibility, where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors, as well as a detailed and documented understanding of the business needs. Closely follows the strategic direction set by senior management when establishing near term goals. Works internally with Kognitiv team or with the client’s management team on decisions where acceptance of an alternate approach or culture change may be required. Is able to make independent decisions when appropriate, or present available options to the client when appropriate. Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments. Decisions have a major day to day impact on area of responsibility. Manages large - medium sized teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Kognitiv.
- Work directly with clients to gather Absence and Time requirements and policies, and translate them into concise, efficient Workday® functionality
- Maintain a high-level view of cross functional impacts of Absence and Time implementations or maintenance, and advise clients on risks and/or benefits of key decisions. As needed, work with other team members – either client side of with Kognitiv – to evaluate impacts of decisions.
- Closely follow the strategic direction set by senior management when establishing near term goals.
- Manage large - medium sized teams
- Deliver high-quality solutions across multiple industries, and continuously consider which solution approach will best enable long-term success
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in implementing or supporting Workday® Time Tracking and Absence Management Functionality
- Workday® HCM Certified; Workday® Time Tracking Certified; Workday® Absence Management Certified
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of application requirements gathering and design, including project planning, development, testing, and support
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a consulting or technical environment or at least 8 years’ industry experience.
- Minimum of 1 year previous project management experience inclusive of people management
- Able to meet Minimum travel requirements, on average this is 5% or less travel per year.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
- Previous experience with a large professional service organization
- Strong interest in collaborative work with clients, along with the ability to communicate back to the client regarding decision justification and configuration design.
- Previous experience in consolidating complex requirements across multiple systems into a single software system
- Experience in Workday® Payroll, specifically the touchpoints between Time Tracking and Absence Management
- Excellent understanding and experience with Workday® Calculated Fields and the Payroll Calculation Engine
- Skilled with Custom Reporting on Time Tracking and Absence Management materials
Professional Skill Requirements:
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment; Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment, straddling technical work alongside consultative soft skills
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills