Workday® Financial Reporting Consultant - Remote
Newton, MA /
Functional - FIN /
Kognitiv aims to be the best in the Workday® ecosystem in both customer and employee satisfaction. We want to hire the best, and we want to retain the best. We have seen that happy employees go hand-in-hand with happy customers. We truly believe that if our team feels engaged, challenged, and empowered with the work we do every day, everyone will provide top-notch service for our clients. Our business is growing, and we are now seeking a talented, experienced Workday® financials consultant to help expand our Workday® finance practice. As a Kognitiv finance consultant, you will be a “jack-of-all-trades” when it comes to finance. You may find yourself as client side financial support on an implementation, augmenting the client side financial team in configuration design and testing. Other times, you may help a customer with a phase 2 project or perhaps stabilize a customer that has recently gone live. And you may spend some time providing ad hoc support via our HelpDesk for a variety of post-production customers as well. For all customers, you will be responsible for learning each client's unique business requirements, devising solutions, and providing insight on best practices.
- Work independently and directly with clients to design, implement, and support Workday® Financial reporting in their business environments
- Deliver high-quality solutions for reports relating to financials
- Provide functional understanding in one or more areas of Workday® Financials such as: Financial Accounting, Grants, Supplier and Customer Accounts, Procurement, Banking and Settlement, Expenses, and Projects
- Closely follow the strategic direction set by senior management when establishing near term goals
- Minimum of 2 years composite and matrix report writing experience in the following areas: Workday® Financials
- Strong understanding of financial statements: cash flow, income statements, and trial balance
- Strong skills in the areas of calculated fields and reporting
- Experience with Excel pivot tables in conjunction with reporting
- Solid understanding of building reports to execute at optimal performance in the system
- Ability to multi-task between multiple clients, meet deadlines, and manage customer expectations on delivery of solutions
- Ability to work in a team environment and transfer knowledge to team members
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a consulting or technical environment or at least 4 years industry experience
- Able to meet minimum travel requirements, however, on average this is 5% or less travel per year
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
- Previous experience in accounting
- Strong interest in collaborative work with clients
- Basic knowledge of VBA with Excel and Macros
All of our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Kognitiv (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Kognitiv or an affiliated Kognitiv business may not be eligible for consideration.
Equal Employment Opportunity- All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Kognitiv is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.