Software Developer II, Frontend - Remote
Technology – Product Engineering /
KOHO’s purpose is to empower Canadians to build a great financial foundation with products that are radically transparent and easy to manage. Our journey began in 2014, and we have since built a community of over 600,000 users. Leading investors around the globe believe in our vision, and we’ve successfully raised over $320M to make our vision a reality.
The KOHO collective has grown to 300+ employees to date. Discover our culture here and get the inside scoop from our team here!
About the Role
As a Software Developer II, you will be working as part of a cross-functional team. You will evangelize our technology, own our system, mentor team members, challenge our processes, and influence others
Our teams have a large degree of autonomy and ownership and we’re looking for someone with a high level of initiative. This is a fast-paced outcome-oriented environment! We are looking for team players like you who are always eager to learn and help other developers grow. Excited yet?
Please Note: This is a remote position based in Canada that is available to those who are legally entitled to work in Canada.
What You’ll Do
- You will be an ambassador of KOHO and live the company’s five Values
- You will guide the frontend strategy for your team
- You will lead the development of features from start to finish
- You will estimate and breakdown the frontend scope of challenging projects
- You will collaborate with other frontend developers, backend developers, designers, and product managers
- You will be an active member of frontend guilds
- You will mentor other developers and accelerate their career growth
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of professional development experience
- Solid experience with TypeScript, Angular, CSS, and HTML
- Experience with NgRx or equivalent reactive state management framework
- Experience building mobile-first or mobile optimized applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
A bonus if you have experience or an interest in any of the following!
- Experience with Ionic, React Native, or any native mobile technology
- Experience with React
- Experience with A/B testing
What’s In It For You?
We invest time and resources into making sure KOHO is as good as the people we hire. Here are some of the reasons we attract and keep the best people:
• Balance Your Life - Company-wide Summer wellness days, Winter holiday closure, unlimited Personal Days, a wellness spending account, and maternity & parental leave top-up.
• Remote First - Work from anywhere in Canada with a budget to set up your home office
• Level Up - Access to 3 in-house certified performance coaches and an annual training budget.
• Reach Your Goals - Salary assessments twice per year, GRSP matching.
• The KOHO Culture - We have won 7 "Great Place to Work ®" awards since 2019.