Chief People & Culture Officer
United States /
Executive – Executive /
KOHO’s purpose is to empower Canadians to build a great financial foundation with products that are radically transparent and easy to manage. Our journey began in 2014, and we have since built a community of over 800,000 users. Leading investors around the globe believe in our vision, and we’ve successfully raised over $320M to make our vision a reality.
The KOHO collective has grown to 300+ employees to date. Discover our culture here and get the inside scoop from our team here!
About the Role
Do you thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment? Do you get excited at the prospect of scaling and building high performance teams? Do you like to disrupt traditional thinking and find innovative ways to solve problems?
If you answered yes to the above questions, let’s talk.
We’re growing fast, and we’re on the lookout for a growth-minded executive to align our business objectives with our People and Culture strategy. The ideal candidate will be a catalyst for our culture, have a successful track record of growing people, and the ability to influence and drive change. This role reports directly into our CEO.
What You'll Do:
- Proactively lead the strategy and execution of all People & Culture initiatives to support organizational growth, including: hiring, employee operations, employee experience, compensation, coaching & talent development, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, internal communications, and organizational development
- Manage, mentor and continuously develop the P&C department as a high performing, highly engaged team
- Develop innovative solutions to increase talent density in support of KOHO’s ambitious growth agenda
- Serve as leader of culture and engagement, ensuring a well-understood mission, vision and values that are lived and felt throughout the organization and drives strong levels of employee engagement
- Design and execute a comprehensive compensation and benefits approach that supports the acquisition and retention of top talent
- Partner with our executive team to ensure alignment between each department and P&C, bringing a solutions-oriented, collaborative approach to solving problems
- Collaborative partner to the Executive Leadership Team and People Leaders, ensuring alignment between each department and P&C, and by providing insightful, solutions-oriented, and empathetic problem solving
- Manage People & Culture operating budget, including employee salaries and benefits and all departmental costs.
- Leverage data and systems thinking to optimize P&C and guide decisions with respect to hiring, talent development programs, and retention
- Serve as lead for all P&C related policies and procedures to ensure consistency across the company
What You'll Bring:
- 10+ years of HR/People Operations, 5 of which you’ve led a function/team.
- Experience in scaling, high-growth, and progressive companies, where you bring innovative ideas and a growth mindset to challenge the status quo
- Deep knowledge & experience in Talent Acquisition and Talent Development
- Experience in total rewards strategy and execution
- Strong people leadership skills; proven ability to motivate and inspire teams to unlock peak performance
- Analytical and data driven in building strategic solutions
- Can collaborate and build strong relationships with key business partners, with the ability to partner with folks in all levels of the organization
What's In It For You?
We invest time and resources into making sure KOHO is as good as the people we hire. Here are some of the reasons we attract the best people:
• Balance Your Life - Company-wide Summer wellness days, Winter holiday closure, unlimited Personal Days, a wellness spending account, and maternity & parental leave top-up.
• Remote First - Work from anywhere in Canada with a budget to set up your home office
• Level Up - Access to 3 in-house certified performance coaches and an annual training budget.
• Reach Your Goals - Salary assessments twice per year
• The KOHO Culture - We have won 7 "Great Place to Work ®" awards since 2019
• Be An Owner - Every KOHO employee gets a generous amount of equity with a 10 year exercise window
The KOHO culture is one of collaboration, creativity, and diverse perspectives. We are committed to building and fostering an inclusive, accessible environment for everyone. If you have any questions, concerns, or requests regarding accessibility needs, please contact email@example.com and the People and Culture team will be happy to help.