Payment Operations Manager
KOHO is a quickly scaling FinTech company backed by leading investors and advisors from around the world. More than 175,000 Canadians have signed up to join KOHO and we’re just getting started!
KOHO offers a card and mobile app that together allow users to manage daily financial needs (direct pay cheque load, bill pay, ATM cash withdrawals, etc.), while offering tools such as automated savings goals, real-time updates, transfers, spending insights, categorizations and much more.
About the Role
As a Payments Operations Manager, you will collaborate with Payments leadership to further develop the Payments Operations team into a high performing organization by defining, executing, and communicating operational processes, standards, and best practices that work flawlessly and minimize firefighting.
- Build, lead, coach, and develop a team of Operational Specialists
- Manage, enhance and document operations procedures and processes end-to-end serving as a subject matter expert
- Design and monitor reports and dashboards that capture deep insights into our business through leading and lagging indicators, visualizations, and early warning mechanisms
- Partner with our product team to identify gaps, examine opportunities, and model improvements against speed, cost, and acceptance
- Collaborate with engineering to build-out critical tools, automate routine work where possible, and address longer-term or recurring issues
- Collaborate with user success to update, create, payments help articles and training documentation
- Own payment issues from beginning to end, working with engineering and external partners to troubleshoot and resolve issues in a systematic and timely fashion
- Work with accounting team for money management and reconciliation
Desired Skills & Experience
- At least three years in a similar role in payments operations in a high-growth tech company
- Self-starter, you take ownership and accountability for your work
- Experience working with Development and Product teams
- Detail oriented and organized
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills and a “get stuff done” attitude
- Team player with a collaborative approach
- Excel and/or SQL skills, a plus
Joining the (lovely!) KOHO Team
We invest time and resources into making sure KOHO is as good as the people we hire. Our culture is one of collaboration, creativity, and diverse perspective.
The Fine Print
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and uniqueness at our company.
KOHO is trusted with highly sensitive information. Upon joining the team, you may be asked to undergo security screening including a criminal record check.