Technical Service and Applications Engineer - Duluth, GA
Duluth, GA /
A. Koh Young America – SMT Business /
Koh Young Technology
Koh Young Technology, founded in 2002 in Seoul, South Korea, is the world leader in 3D measurement and inspection technology used in the production of micro-electronics assemblies. Using patented 3D technology, Koh Young provides best-in-class products in Solder Paste Inspection(SPI) and Automated Optical Inspection(AOI) for electronics manufacturers worldwide.
Currently, Koh Young is collaborating with top medical schools and hospitals in the US, Korea, and Japan to develop innovative neurosurgical robot systems. With the core technologies developed in-house with the innovation in accuracy, Koh Young is expected to deliver a breakthrough in the field of neurosurgical robots.
Koh Young America (KYA)
Located in Duluth, GA, Koh Young America has been serving business partners in North America with sales and technical support since 2010. In addition to KYA’s sales and support for North America, Koh Young Research America was established in 2016 in San Diego, CA as a Research & Development hub for artificial intelligence and deep learning technologies.
Provide exceptional customer service in the installation, servicing, and maintenance of Koh Young machines and
related systems and peripherals. Provides professional and thorough training for customers and colleagues on the
operation, maintenance, and programming of machines and systems, as well as develop and provide effective
product demos for customers at various customer or partner sites, as well as at industry trade shows, both
domestic and international. Provide professional technical support, both remotely and on-site.
- Plan installations by coordinating customer support logistics and site preparation.
- Install Koh Young machines and systems, ensuring customer acceptance and satisfaction in a timely manner.
- Train customers and colleagues on proper operation, maintenance, programming and best practices of Koh Young machines and systems.
- Monitor customers’ workflow, work methods, processes, and utilization of Koh Young machines and systems.
- Recommend and oversee operational, process, utilization, or other improvements to achieve optimal performance of machines and systems.
- Provide all necessary services to customers and partners to ensure and maintain greatest customer satisfaction, as well as maximize Koh Young America’s business results.
- Provide technical support, preventive and corrective maintenance, machine and process audits and assessments, and other related services.
- Effectively troubleshoot and resolve machine, system, and process issues.
- Repair, upgrade, and retrofit machines and systems with Koh Young hardware, spare parts, and software solutions.
- Provide network and software installations and support as needed for Koh Young machines and systems.
- Provide installation, maintenance, and general technical support of KYA training and demo machines and systems.
- Collect and analyze machine and system data as needed.
- Complete professional, accurate, and effective technical, installation, training, evaluation, demo and expense reports in accord with company and guidelines and policies.
- Provide exceptional support and collaboration to direct and indirect sales channels in all pre and post-sales activities, teleconferences, elaboration and preparation of proposals and quotations, demos, and evaluations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline, or relevant Associate’s Degree, or equivalent studies in vocational or military training.
- Knowledge of electronics manufacturing, robotics, PCB assembly, and/or AI; 2-4 years of experience desired.
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer, software, and networking skills; strong mechanical aptitude.
- 2D/3D AOI and 3D SPI programming, operation, and maintenance experience, preferred.
- 75% or more travel, domestic and international (valid U.S. or Canadian Passport, required).
- Able to work effectively and independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to readily understand and interpret detailed documents, drawing, and specifications.
- Must be able to communicate clearly in in giving effective presentations.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues and customers.
- Proactive, with good organizational, administrative, project management, and teamwork skills; detail-oriented.
- Able to work under pressure and time constraints; handle challenging and unexpected situations in the field.
- Valid U.S. or Canadian driver’s license and good driving record.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Requires the ability to use a computer on a frequent basis.
- Ability to travel to customer sites on next-flight basis is routinely required, along with occasional attendance at training courses, company meetings, technical conferences, or other job-related events and activities.
- Ability to perform duties of this job in noisy environments, working near moving parts and machinery, being exposed to vibration, or other situations commonly incurred in light industrial manufacturing environments.
- Ability to occasionally move heavy objects in a safe manner.
- Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance at no employee premium (including dependent coverage)
- 401K retirement plan with 5% matching
- Generous PTO and paid holidays