Radar Perception Engineer
Palo Alto, CA /
Koko's team is comprised of individuals at the top of their fields, at the intersection of deep technology and healthcare delivery. We're all inspired to help our aging loved ones and the over 50 million older adults in the United States age on their own terms–and thrive in motion. We're giving peace of mind to the 40 million+ caregivers that their older adult loved ones have a support system whenever they need it.
Based in Palo Alto, California, we strive to cultivate an inclusive work environment in which everyone, regardless of gender, race, religion, age, or background can contribute to the best of their ability.
Koko is backed by Lightspeed, Khosla Ventures, and Y Combinator.
About the role
Koko is looking for strong candidates with experience in radar perception to design and implement cutting edge software algorithms to make sense of the world inside people’s homes.
The Radar Perception Engineer supports the entire radar SW pipeline and algorithms development and works deeply with the rest of the team to make a radar that learns and adapts to its surroundings and generates a precise, consistent representation of the environment.
- Develop innovative algorithms and software for the radar tracking engine, from raw 3D point cloud to generating object tracks, object classification and bounding boxes
- Develop tracking algorithms with learning capabilities
- Having a direct exposure to real world data from our growing install base, and the satisfaction of seeing your work immediately making improvement on users’ life
- Interacting with the broader perception team and actively participating in discussions and brainstorming.
- Experience with sensor tracking, robust state estimation and tracking (EKF, UKF, PF), data association, numerical optimization techniques, 2D/3D geometry.
- Experience with sensor fusion and object detection.
- Experience with machine learning classification algorithms.
- Strong C++ software development and optimization experience
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related field (MSc/PhD preferred).
Koko is an equal opportunity employer. As standard procedure for all new hires, this position is subject to background check, & reference check.