Software Engineer - Apps
Palo Alto, CA /
Koko's team is comprised of individuals at the top of their fields, spanning from deep technology to behavioral therapy. We're all inspired to help our aging loved ones and the over 50 million older adults in the United States age on their own terms–and thrive in motion.
Based in Palo Alto, California, we strive to cultivate an inclusive work environment in which everyone, regardless of gender, race, religion, age, or background can contribute to the best of their ability.
Koko is backed by Lightspeed, Khosla Ventures, and Y Combinator.
About the role
Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for a software engineer to join our Koko engineering team who is excited about working on topics in the IoT and AI space, interacting with our Koko hardware-technology. We'd like you to be curious and love the challenge of solving problems. You will be part of a core group that plays a direct role in determining company direction and ultimately the success of the product. The initial focus of the role is front-end development of our web and mobile apps using React / React native but can be extended to all parts of our tech stack.
- Work on a challenging problem that will transform people's lives
- Take a major role in our highly interactive and data-driven mobile and web apps that are written on a modern tech stack
- Work with a high performing team of passionate engineers
- In addition to focusing on building apps, you will have the opportunity to learn and work on various parts of our product (embedded device, front-end, back-end, etc.)
What you’ll need
- Strong development experience in either React/React Native or native mobile app development on iOS and Android
- Experience in development of data-driven apps with libraries like Redux is beneficial
- Experience writing production ready code, preferably in a product based company
- Beneficial: Experience in Java or Kotlin Backend development and SQL
- Excellence at communicating ideas and collaborating in oral and written form with the team
- 3+ years of work experience
Koko is an equal opportunity employer. As standard procedure for all new hires, this position is subject to background check, & reference check.