Palo Alto, CA /
Koko's team is comprised of individuals at the top of their fields, at the intersection of deep technology and healthcare delivery. We're all inspired to help our aging loved ones and the over 50 million older adults in the United States age on their own terms–and thrive in motion. We're giving peace of mind to the 40 million+ caregivers that their older adult loved ones have a support system whenever they need it.
Based in Palo Alto, California, we strive to cultivate an inclusive work environment in which everyone, regardless of gender, race, religion, age, or background can contribute to the best of their ability.
Koko is backed by Lightspeed, Khosla Ventures, and Y Combinator.
About the role
We’re currently hiring a Care Companion who will report into and work closely with our Operations Manager on the Koko Care Concierge team. Care Companions are the most trusted advocates for our older adult users. As a Care Companion, your primary responsibility will be to interact with a panel of our adult users on a daily basis for various functions including new user on-boarding, daily check-ins, fall prevention coaching, connecting our older adults to local resources, conducting health surveys, collaborating with care team members, and technical support.
Care Companions also provide user feedback related to proprietary motion tracking device and our wrap-around service (Care Concierge) to our Product Team to support the iteration and evolution of our Koko offerings.
Role & Responsibilities
- Become the most trusted advocate for Koko users (older adults) by building sustainable relationships via open and interactive communication
- Daily wellness check-ins
- Periodically survey our older adults on things like activities of daily living (ADL), social determinants of health (SDoH), etc.
- Technical support for Guardian
- Robust note-taking from interactions with users using Koko's proprietary web-based Care Concierge portal
- Confirmation of fall detection false/true positive alerts
- Provide feedback to company to be used for product/service iteration
- Mission driven
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous customer support experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced startup environment and manage high volume of user interactions
- Passion to collaborate and work on and with teams
- Comfortable with change, thinking on their feet, and with managing time and multiple tasks effortlessly
- Proficient in Microsoft Office-like tools (e.g. spreadsheets, calendaring/scheduling, presentations, etc)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Caregiving experience
Koko is an equal opportunity employer. As standard procedure for all new hires, this position is subject to background check, & reference check.