Tool Room Manager
About KOKO Networks
KOKO Networks is a venture-backed climate-tech company with 1,700+ employees across East Africa, India, and the United Kingdom. Our mission is to imagine and deliver technology that improves life in the world’s fastest growing cities. We offer a fast-paced and highly collaborative work environment with significant opportunities for professional growth. Our core lines of business currently include: (1) KOKO Fuel, an ultra-clean liquid bioethanol cooking fuel solution delivered via a network of smart fuel ATMs and leveraging existing downstream liquid fuels infrastructure; (2) KOKO Climate, which retails the emissions reductions that occur from switching households from deforestation-based charcoal to KOKO Fuel; and (3) KOKO Retail, a tech-enabled, direct-to-consumer, instant fulfillment retail platform operated in partnership with neighborhood retailers. In 2021, KOKO was selected as the world’s leading emerging markets climate technology solution by FT/IFC.
What will you do KOKO
1. Manage the tool room team, including hiring, training, and scheduling employees.
2. Collaborate with design and production teams to develop new tooling designs and improve existing ones.
3. Ensure that all tooling is properly maintained and repaired to maximize efficiency and minimize downtime.
4. Oversee the construction and testing of new tooling, including conducting quality checks to ensure that the finished product meets specifications.
5. Develop and implement preventive maintenance programs to ensure all equipment is maintained to a high standard.
6. Work closely with production staff to identify and troubleshoot tooling issues, implementing solutions to minimize scrap and downtime.
7. Manage the tooling budget, including purchasing new equipment and tools as needed.
8. Maintain accurate records of all tooling maintenance and repairs. ( MTBF,MTTR, History card, Monthly Performance data, SMED, DSR,MSR)
- Bachelor's Degree in mechanical Engineering, Tool and Die making, or related field preferred.
- 10 -12 Years - tool room management, preferably in the sheet metal stamping industry, Injection molding Industry ( hot runner proffered)
- The Sheet Metal Stamping Tool Room Manager is responsible for overseeing the design, development, construction, and maintenance of all tooling used in the sheet metal stamping process. This includes managing a team of tool and die makers, collaborating with engineers and production staff, and ensuring that all tools are properly maintained and repaired.
KOKO is committed to gender and racial diversity in the workplace. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply!