Customer Care Team Leader
Commercial – Customer Care /
About KOKO Networks
KOKO Networks is a venture-backed technology company currently operating in Kenya and India. Our mission is to imagine and deliver technology that transforms life in the world’s fastest growing cities. We build and deploy cloud-connected "KOKO Points" inside local retail outlets, which provide mass market consumer goods in partnership with major suppliers. Our first solution is liquid ethanol cooking fuel, which offers significant cost savings and quality of life improvements in the multi-billion dollar urban cooking market. In Kenya, this solution is delivered in partnership with Vivo Energy, the operator of Shell-branded fuel infrastructure across Africa. KOKO offers a fast-paced and highly collaborative work environment with significant opportunities for professional growth. We are looking for people who share our passion for technology and our vision for global impact.
As Customer Care Team Leader, you will organize and direct the day-to-day activities of a team of Customer Care Reps to resolve customer issues, deliver superior customer service and ensure customer satisfaction.
What You Will Do
- Manage and support a team of Customer Care Reps to receive inbound calls, place outbound calls, and conduct field visits
- Organize weekly schedules and plans, monitor teams’ attendance and execution of tasks
- Provide day-to-day problem solving and coaching and answer Customer Care Rep questions, assign tasks, follow-ups and give instructions as necessary
- Ensure team members obtain the appropriate training and support
- Give voice to KOKO customers by understanding and reporting recurring questions and issues
- Communicate openly and honestly with KOKO customers
- Build, manage, and maintain strong, positive customer relationships
- Resolve escalated customer queries and further escalate issues to senior management, as appropriate
What You Will Bring to KOKO
- 3+ years of work experience, including prior experience in a call center
- 1+ year of management experience
- Strong phone contact handling and active listening skills
- Empathetic customer orientation and ability to adapt and respond to challenging situations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with Gmail and Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Familiarity with customer management systems (ZenDesk, FreshService, QueueMetrics) preferred
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Results orientation and comfort in a performance-driven work environment
KOKO is committed to gender and racial diversity in the workplace. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply!