Senior Full Stack Engineer
About KOKO Networks
KOKO Networks is a venture-backed climate-tech company with 1,200+ employees across East Africa & India. Our mission is to imagine and deliver technology that improves life in the world’s fastest growing cities. We offer a fast-paced and highly collaborative work environment with significant opportunities for professional growth. Our core lines of business currently include: (1) KOKO Fuel, an ultra-clean liquid bioethanol cooking fuel solution delivered via a network of smart fuel ATMs and leveraging existing downstream liquid fuels infrastructure; (2) KOKO Climate, which retails the emissions reductions that occur from switching households from deforestation-based charcoal to KOKO Fuel; and (3) KOKO Club, a tech-enabled, direct-to-consumer, instant fulfillment retail platform operated in partnership with neighborhood retailers. In 2021, KOKO was selected as the world’s leading emerging markets climate technology solution by FT/IFC.
As KOKO grows within and outside Kenya, our team is looking for experienced full stack engineers to lead development of our cloud based software products, and be responsible for major technical decisions associated with them accountable for their successful execution.
In this position on the software engineering team, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to many customer and internal facing products. KOKO’s suite of products spans multiple technical domains and disciplines in software and hardware, and so experience in end-to-end systems thinking across distributed components is key for this role.
What you will do
- Design, implement and deploy web-based front-end applications and back-end services
- Lead the delivery of software projects in a team-based environment
- Collaborate cross-functionally with business users, product managers, project managers and other engineers to to define, design, scope and ship new features using elegant solutions.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices.
- Help others to improve the quality of their work through regular design and code reviews
- Deliver new features to production environments and support them in operation
- Participate in building the engineering culture at KOKO
KOKO’s technology stack currently includes (but is not limited to) AWS, Python, Flask, Vue.js, Postgres, Kotlin, Java, Firebase, C++, Celery, Message Queues, Odoo ERP, Docker, Jenkins, CircleCI, Git
What You Will Bring to KOKO
- At least four years experience developing applications at enterprise scale using the front and back end technologies in our stack
- Ability to translate user experience design (mockups, wireframes and user journeys) into code using CSS and scripting frameworks
- Ability to develop robust and scalable backend services defined by RESTful APIs in Python
- Familiarity with Cloud/ SaaS architectures and how to build secure and maintainable services
- Strong understanding of unit testing, design patterns and usage of tools like profilers
- Experience with source control and continuous integration tools (We use GIT and Jenkins)
- Worked in an Agile multi-functional team
- Thrive in an environment that requires you to partner with multiple cross-functional teams as stakeholders/customers
- Great oral and written communication skills
What We Offer
- Competitive salary plus a quarterly cash bonus
- Annual compensation reviews - we reward great work
- Discounted health insurance with no-cost financing for you and your dependents (in Kenya)
- 21 days of annual leave plus public holidays plus examination leave
- Hybrid working model - allowing you to split your time between in-person collaboration at one of our offices and working remotely
- Ongoing investment in you and your skills, incl. full access to over 5,000 online courses
- The right equipment for the job - a choice of MacBook, Windows, or Linux laptop
KOKO is committed to gender and racial diversity in the workplace. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply!