Assistant Manager - Quality
Group HQ /
About KOKO Networks
KOKO Networks is a venture-backed climate-tech company with 1,700+ employees across East Africa, India, and the United Kingdom. Our mission is to imagine and deliver technology that improves life in the world’s fastest growing cities. We offer a fast-paced and highly collaborative work environment with significant opportunities for professional growth. Our core lines of business currently include: (1) KOKO Fuel, an ultra-clean liquid bioethanol cooking fuel solution delivered via a network of smart fuel ATMs and leveraging existing downstream liquid fuels infrastructure; (2) KOKO Climate, which retails the emissions reductions that occur from switching households from deforestation-based charcoal to KOKO Fuel; and (3) KOKO Retail, a tech-enabled, direct-to-consumer, instant fulfillment retail platform operated in partnership with neighborhood retailers. In 2021, KOKO was selected as the world’s leading emerging markets climate technology solution by FT/IFC.
As Assistant Manager, Quality, you will be responsible for ensuring product quality for our flagship product, the two burner ethanol cooker and refillable canister. The role is a two-fold responsibility, with heavy involvement on the supplier quality front, as well as being a senior member of our production quality assurance and quality control team. You will be working out of our world-class manufacturing facility, based out of Sanand, Ahmedabad and join a highly qualified quality team who have taken the unique product from conceptulisation upto large scale manufacturing.
- Maintain Complete record of the supplier activities such as performance, delivery, quality and improvement log
- Alternate or new supplier pre qualitfication audit's at supplier's site
- Coordinate the PPAP,APQP,PSW,FMEA activities for new /alternative supplier parts
- Perform and monitor the Pilot batch qualification for Factory (03 lots) for new supplier
- Ensure all Engineering changes and DCN are timely updated at vendor's database.
- Carry out supplier and sub-supplier validation audits, with supplier support and supplier advanced product quality planning (APQP).
- Perform on-site supplier visits for root cause analysis and verification of corrective actions of supplier quality issues
- Monitor and report on supplier product quality and performance understanding any commercial issues and impacts
- Manage the supplier PPM, supplier problem solving on time, cost recovery and supplier warranty indicators
- Review and evaluate supplier quality data to identify process improvement opportunities within the supply chain
- Promote the use of preferred techniques for continuous improvement such as Lean, Six-Sigma, Poka-Yoke, MSA,SPC and FMEA
- Ensure planned audit is being carried out for all suppliers as per ISO requirements.
- Ensure process and product requirements are being verified as per drawings, control plan and work instructions.
- Drive root cause analysis and problem resolution for critical and repeated issues which impact the production line.
- Drive FMEA activities for the entire products.(child parts to assembly)
- Drive SPC & MSA implementation across the plant.
- Collaborate with cross functionals on Supplier Approval activities for new product /supplier development projects.
- Carry out risk analysis for contract manufacturing parts during project development.
- 10+ years of experience with large scale OEMs
- BE from a reputed institution
- Well versed in 8D, FMEA, SPC, MSA
- Relevant experience in setting up QMS from ground up
- Experience in developiong quality management features in ERP systems
KOKO is committed to gender and racial diversity in the workplace. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply!