Group HQ /
About KOKO Networks
KOKO Networks is a venture-backed climate-tech company with 1,800+ employees across East Africa, India, and the United Kingdom. Our mission is to imagine and deliver technology that improves life in the world’s fastest growing cities. We offer a fast-paced and highly collaborative work environment with significant opportunities for professional growth. Our core lines of business currently include: (1) KOKO Fuel, an ultra-clean liquid bioethanol cooking fuel solution delivered via a network of smart fuel ATMs and leveraging existing downstream liquid fuels infrastructure; and (2) KOKO Climate, which retails the emissions reductions that occur from switching households from deforestation-based charcoal to KOKO Fuel. In 2021, KOKO was selected as the world’s leading emerging markets climate technology solution by FT/IFC.
As the infrastructure manager, you will be responsible for managing the setup of our new state-of-the-art, greenfield manufacturing facility located near Ahmedabad. You will work with the Manufacturing Expansion team to ensure that targets and met and the facility is in a position to go on-stream in Q1, 2024
- Work directly with Expansion Head on the Factory construction project.
- Manpower calculation for Construction Project (Must)
- Responsible for greenfield facility set up within the agreed timeline and budget with Expansion Head.
- Plan, coordinate and/or supervision of all the activities for a new greenfield plant or brownfield expansion of plant in terms of construction, erection and commissioning
- Liaise with the construction partners and execute the necessary pre-construction tests for soil,water,land filling,excavation.
- Bring the right kind of contractors and subcontractors for greenfield setup project on board with proper groundwork.
- Work with Architect and Plant Engineers on the Factory Layout drafting and overcoming the technical issues through solutions which abide by local laws.
- Construction permit filing and provide basic facilities for factory construction ( water, electricity...)
- Maintain the safety logs and ensure the site operates without accidents and labour law & environment law violations.
- Technical review of site grading, roads, drainage and utility layouts.
- Resource management along with contractor for Labour availability, construction Equipment service providers,machinery & Materials agencies.
- Run the weekly status reports on overall greenfield setup project, alert the management in timely manner on any abnormalities and create mitigation plan.
- Coordinate with engineers and architects and contractors to ensure that the project gets completed in a timely manner and within proposed budget
- Negotiate with architects, contractors and vendors.
- Evaluate the construction methods and keep accountability of good receipt under control
- Monitor the progress on site, including the reception and installation of equipment
- Identify differences and problems with designs
- Develop and implement quality control programs
- Ensure the specs and capacity for the drainage,sewage treatment,stormwater, ETP, STP, RO,Cooling Tower,HVAC,assembly point,fire fighting system are inline with factory capacity.
- Plan for efficient Electrical Systems & LV Systems / CCTV,utility area development,DG sets, Compressors and Landscape development.
- Ensure proper compound walls are constructed surrounding the factory with zero discharge or leakages into the neighbouring property.
- Maintaining high-quality standards at the site
- Deciding the quantity of material required for Civil works (Contractor ordered material) and raising PRs (if required)
- Checking drawing documentation quality and maintaining records pertaining to Civil drawing and documentation for all projects
- B.E./B.Tech. in Civil /Infrastructure Engg.
- 10-11 years of work experience
- Masters degree in Urban Planning OR Infrastructure Planning or similar area would be an added advantage
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture OR Urban Planning OR Civil Engineering
- 5-7 years experience in greenfield/brownfield setup over 50000 Sq Meters land parcel size is desired.
- MS office, Project Management
- AutoCAD, Civil 3D,Infraworks, ArcGIS, Infraworks, Revit would be plus point
- Sound negotiation and communication skills
KOKO is committed to gender and racial diversity in the workplace. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply!