Senior Android Engineer
About KOKO Networks
KOKO Networks is a venture-backed climate-tech company with 1,700+ employees across East Africa, India, and the United Kingdom. Our mission is to imagine and deliver technology that improves life in the world’s fastest growing cities. We offer a fast-paced and highly collaborative work environment with significant opportunities for professional growth. Our core lines of business currently include: (1) KOKO Fuel, an ultra-clean liquid bioethanol cooking fuel solution delivered via a network of smart fuel ATMs and leveraging existing downstream liquid fuels infrastructure; (2) KOKO Climate, which retails the emissions reductions that occur from switching households from deforestation-based charcoal to KOKO Fuel; and (3) KOKO Retail, a tech-enabled, direct-to-consumer, instant fulfillment retail platform operated in partnership with neighborhood retailers. In 2021, KOKO was selected as the world’s leading emerging markets climate technology solution by FT/IFC.
Our team is looking for highly experienced android engineers to lead development of our android based software products. In this position on the software engineering team, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to many customer and internal facing products. KOKO’s suite of products spans multiple technical domains and disciplines in software and hardware, and so experience in end-to-end systems thinking across distributed components is key for this role.
What You Will Do
- Lead the delivery of software projects in a team-based environment
- Collaborate cross-functionally with business users, product managers, project managers and other engineers to to define, design, scope and ship new features using elegant solutions.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices.
- Help others to improve the quality of their work through regular design and code reviews
- Participate in building the engineering culture at KOKO
KOKO’s current technology stack includes (but is not limited to): AWS, Python, Flask, Vue.js, Postgres, Kotlin, Java, Firebase, Celery, Message Queues, Odoo ERP, Docker, Jenkins, CircleCI, Git
What You Will Bring To KOKO
- At least four years experience developing Android applications at enterprise scale
- Strong understanding of the Android SDK and the Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Hands on knowledge of Restful API’s and Web Services
- Deep understanding of mobile experience design for variable screen sizes in across versions of Android
- Strong understanding of unit testing, design patterns and usage of tools like profilers
- Experience with source control and continuous integration tools (We use GIT and CircleCI)
- Good understanding of architecture patterns (MVP/MVVM/MVI) and Android architecture components
- Strong understanding of Android App life cycle from Modules to releasing of app to Play store
- Worked in an Agile multi-functional team
KOKO is committed to gender and racial diversity in the workplace. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply!