(Senior) QA Tester (f/m/d)
Berlin, Germany /
Product – New Games /
We are Kolibri Games - a mobile games developer from Berlin. Our two games have over 100 million downloads and we are on a mission to become the most player-centric games studio out there.
We believe in players, creating value, learning, but, most of all, we believe in people. We strive to offer you a fair recruitment process and a great candidate experience, as well as a friendly environment to work in, with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. Help us bring joy to people, we promise you will have fun by doing so :)
(Senior) QA Tester (f/m/d)
Do more than just executing tests, own them!
We are looking for someone with a keen eye for detail, and strong problem solving skills who loves working in cross-department teams in a fast-paced, agile environment.
The QA department at Kolibri Games is heavily integrated with all departments on the production team. You will work closely with our developers and designers when creating new features, making sure to balance the requirements of all involved teams to guarantee the absolute highest quality across both product and process.
- Test features, SDK integrations and systems independently
- Be in charge of feature testing; planning, identifying requirements, creating and reviewing testplans/testmaps and executing them.
- Have ownership of features and tickets. This includes participating and tracking outcomes throughout implementation, helping to identify core requirements and finding edge cases and dependencies
- Be involved in participating and coordinating the end of sprint testing
- Collaborate with Product Managers to track build health during the staged rollout process
- Experience in software testing, ticket management and bug investigations
- Experience working with agile software development methodology
- Experience working with Jira, Confluence or any other ticketing system
- Experience with Unity (or deep knowledge of another game engine)
- Broad knowledge of game production teams and their core workflows
- Be a creative thinker who can quickly and thoroughly identify and test for ‘edge cases’ outside of expected functionality
- Be a strong team player and communicator who excels when working closely with others, both receiving and providing help
- Must be proactive, self-directed and organised
- Previous experience within the gaming industry is a big plus
- Familiarity with Git and CI tools (Jenkins, etc...)
- Knowledge of ad monetization will be considered an asset
- Understanding of data pipelines and systems with basic proficiency in SQL
- Deep knowledge of Idle Miner Tycoon’s features and systems
- Basic programming skills are a plus
Your Benefits – We’re game to support you
- Competitive Salary - We believe that top performers should receive top payment
- Training Budget - We believe in learning. A generous personal learning budget to spend on learning and development, including books, workshops and attending conferences. We also offer in-house training such as coding and German classes
- Flexible working hours and Home office – We believe in a good work-life balance
- Equipment - State-of-the-art technical equipment, including laptops and phones, which may also be used in your free time
- Health and Fitness - We pay €50 towards a monthly gym membership or a fitness activity
- Relocation - Relocation support to help you move to Berlin
- Pension - Opportunity to save for your pension tax-free
Bonus Level – We love to have a good time, too
- Food and Drinks - Fresh fruits to keep you healthy and fresh coffee to keep you alert. We also have a fully stocked fridge with Smoothies, Coke, Club Mate, beer etc
- Parties and Team Events - Apart from our regular parties, BBQ’s and movie nights we also have a team event budget you can use to buy games or sports equipment to make working here even more fun
- Company Holidays - Every year we go on an amazing company holiday to relax and bond as a team. Last summer we went to Greece!
- Friday Celebrations - Company-provided dinner and drinks on Friday afternoons
Kolibri Games is an equal opportunity employer. We come from 25 different countries and many different backgrounds. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, regardless of their age, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, physical appearance or disability.
We are an international studio, so don’t forget to send in your application in English. Although it is not mandatory, we always appreciate a cover letter stating your motivation to join us.
We look forward to hearing from you!