Product & Tech – Data & Insight
Kolonial.no is by far the leading online grocery store in Norway, but as a company we’re first and foremost an ambitious tech and logistics company - not a classic retailer. We’re one of the fastest growing startups in the Nordics, working with huge, complex challenges in order to make the lives of our customers simpler and easier. Want to join us?
Our goal is to create the world's most efficient retail system. Through smart work, passionate customer focus and our own technology we make a difference in the lives of thousands of customers and change society for the better through a completely re-imagined value chain for grocery shopping.
Our customers save more than 60 hours a year, time we believe can be better spent than going to the store. Our effective value chain and logistics save society tonnes of food waste each year and our distribution network replace almost 13,000 individual trips by car to the grocery store each year.
As a Data Scientist you will be a part of a visionary Product & Tech organisation consisting of cross functional teams with software engineers, designers, product managers, analysts and data engineers. You will build powerful data products that power our shopping experience and logistics, enable automation, insight based decision making and an overall data-driven culture across the entire value chain.
- Build, scale and maintain data products based on machine learning, operations research and other techniques on Google Cloud Platform
- Develop and deploy your own data pipelines with feature engineering using SQL and Python
- Work with product managers, analysts and other stakeholders to understand their problems and design smart solutions, and make sure we properly define success for improvements, establish baselines and measure effects
- Help make sure our team has the right tools, technologies and methods for building data products
- Perform complex analysis, communicate insights tailored to different audiences and contribute to our strategy based on the findings
- Further improve our data and insights culture by supporting and training others in tools and how to make decisions based on data
- Support our data and infrastructure teams with design and optimising performance and cost of our data and ML platform
- Work with developers, data engineers, analysts and other teams to ensure that we capture valuable data in a timely, accurate and consistent way, and in accordance with our privacy policies
We look for people who
- Are productive with Python and SQL and are effective in extracting insights from both clean and noisy data
- Know how to apply different algorithms to solve different problems, whether it is ARIMA models for forecasting or recurrent neural networks for product recommendations
- Are curious and can dive deeper into particular subfields when required, be it natural language processing, route optimization or recommendation systems
- Combine a strong analytical mindset with empathy for customers and colleagues, and have a good understanding of products, processes and the business.
- Are experienced in building cloud-based data solutions and have at least some experience working with databases, ETL tools and BI tool
- Can work independently, manage your own time and take ownership of tasks from start to finish, while thriving in teams where you get the best out of your colleagues
- Are pragmatic when needed, and enjoy a dynamic everyday life where priorities and needs change
- Continuously develop skills through feedback and learning, and like to share what they learn with the people around you
- 3+ years of experience working with data in a business setting
- Master’s degree or higher within a technical and/or quantitative field, such as computer science, mathematics, physics or economics
- Fluent in English or a Scandinavian language
- A proper specialist community, as you will be part of the Data & Insight team
- Great opportunities for personal development and progression in a fast growing company
- A workplace in constant change and new challenges working with meaningful problems
- Enthusiastic colleagues who care about helping others
- An on-boarding program where all new employees work hands-on in delivery, picking, replenishment and customer service
- You will get to know our way of working with OKR's, a vision we share with Google, Twitter og Uber
- A transparent workplace where we use Quip and Slack to share what we are working on and where we have open discussions. Less e-mails and meetings
As a part of our team you will be working with other enthusiastic, skilled and ambitious people in shaping and growing tomorrow's shopping experience. Recognised as one of the hottest tech-startups in Norway by The Next Web we are aiming to become world leading, and we invite you to join us on the journey. Come build the future with us!
Sounds like you or someone you know?