Product & Tech – Design & UX
Kolonial.no is by far the leading online grocery in Norway, but as a company we’re first and foremost an ambitious tech and logistics company - not a classic retailer. We’re one of the fastest growing startups in the Nordics, working with huge, complex challenges in order to make the lives of our customers simpler and easier. Want to join us?
Our goal is to create the world's most efficient retail system. Through smart work, passionate customer focus and our own technology we make a difference in the lives of thousands of customers and change society for the better through a completely re-imagined value chain for grocery shopping.
Our customers save more than 60 hours a year, time we believe can be better spent than going to the store. Our effective value chain and logistics save society tonnes of food waste each year and each additional electric vehicle on the road through our distribution network replace almost 13,000 individual trips by car to the grocery store each year.
As Digital designer you will be a part of a visionary Product & Tech team organised into cross functional product teams with software engineers, designers, product managers and data scientists. You will create innovative solutions that make the shopping experience for our customers or our internal Kolonial.no systems more user friendly and efficient. We’re creating a new standard for everyday shopping and its logistics; and great design is fundamental to this.
- Make sure the team has great insight into, and empathises with, user needs and problems through user studies and tests
- Visualise multiple solutions quickly through sketching and prototyping, test on users, collect & analyse feedback and iterate before we build / code
- Guide UX decisions through use of Kolonial.no’s design principles, user empathy, data and best practice
- Create UIs ready for development and iterate with developers on implementation details through an agile development process
- Justify and anchor design changes with data, and be the UX voice when we set strategy, focus and goals (we use OKRs)
- Contribute to develop a world class design system in Kolonial.no, which is holistic, consistent, living and beautiful - both towards our end users and for all internal tools & systems
- Ensure we’re always developing our design language in accordance with our brand; through tone of voice, interaction and motion/animation
- Contribute to a great culture and raise the bar within our team(s) within UX & design
We look for people who
- Are passionate about developing new & great user experiences in complex system
- Care deeply about needs, use and behavior through analysis - not just about how things looks
- Develop themselves and learn new things - that you actively share with those around you
- Are pragmatic when needed, and enjoy a dynamic everyday life where priorities and needs change
- Understand that digital design is a living medium, where interaction design with motion is second nature
- Are used to work in cross-functional teams, and actively seek and use feedback from team members
- Always think about “how can we test this?”, and are good at crafting test prototypes
- Enjoy going deep into details, understand complex systems, and form alignment in the team
- Have experience with design tools such as Sketch, Abstract and InVision
- Have experience with design for mobile, with good understanding for guidelines and patterns for iOS and Android
- Speak and write fluently in Norwegian and English
- Bonus: Can commit simple code or do advanced data analysis
- 3+ years of experience within UX, service, interaction, product and visual design, with heavy focus on digital
- Education within design, human-machine interaction, or similar is preferred
- Can deliver high quality and production-ready UI and visual designs, with solid experience in using Sketch
- Proven ability to deliver intuitive and engaging solutions that meet real user needs
- Experienced in building intuitive digital solutions at scale; as lean and agile as possible
- Good opportunities for progression in a fast growing company
- A workplace in constant change and new challenges
- Enthusiastic colleagues that care about helping others
- Every new employee spends a day or two with our logistics operation
- You will get to know our way of working with OKRs, a method we share with Google, Twitter og Uber
- A workplace with openness where you'll be invited Quip and Slack there you freely can participate in discussions, read about what other departments are working on. Less e-mails and meetings
As a part of our team you will be working with other enthusiastic, skilled and ambitious people in shaping and growing tomorrow's shopping experience. Recognised as one of the hottest tech-startups in Norway by The Next Web we are aiming to become world leading, and we invite you to join us on the journey. Come build the future with us!
Sounds like you or someone you know?