Product & Tech – Infrastructure & IT
Kolonial.no is by far the leading online grocery in Norway, but as a company we’re first and foremost an ambitious tech and logistics company - not a classic retailer. We’re one of the fastest growing startups in the Nordics, working with huge, complex challenges in order to make the lives of our customers simpler and easier. Want to join us?
Our goal is to create the world's most efficient retail system. Through smart work, passionate customer focus and our own technology we make a difference in the lives of thousands of customers and change society for the better through a completely re-imagined value chain for grocery shopping.
Our customers save more than 60 hours a year, time we believe can be better spent than going to the store. Our effective value chain and logistics save society tonnes of food waste each year and each additional electric vehicle on the road through our distribution network replace almost 13,000 individual trips by car to the grocery store each year.
As a Data engineer you will be a part of a visionary Product & Tech team organised in cross functional product teams with software engineers, designers, product managers and data scientists. You’ll build the powerful data platform that powers our entire shopping experience and our logistics, enabling a great data-driven culture.
- Build, scale and maintain our data platform and infrastructure on Google Cloud Platform
- Build custom ingestion and transformation pipelines with SQL and Python
- Ensure we have great tools and infrastructure for analysts, data scientists and decision-makers
- Support our data and infrastructure teams with design and optimising performance and cost
- Work with developers, data scientists and other teams to ensure that we capture valuable data in a timely, accurate and consistent way, and in accordance with our privacy policies
- Contribute to a great DevSecOps culture
We look for people who
- Have experience with modern ETL tools (we use dbt)
- Speak Python and SQL fluently
- Have deep knowledge and experience with databases and building data warehouses
- Are experienced in building cloud-based data solutions, preferably on Google Cloud Platform
- Have experience with modern BI tools like Looker and Metabase
- Has an analytical mindset and some data science experience
- Can work independently, manage their own time and take ownership of tasks from start to finish, while thriving in teams where you get the best out of your colleagues
- Are pragmatic when needed, and enjoy a dynamic everyday life where priorities and needs change
- Continuously develop skills through feedback and learning, and like to share what they learn with the people around you
- 3+ years experience in software or data engineering
- Higher education within the field of technology
- Fluency in English or a Scandinavian language
- Enthusiastic and ambitious colleagues that care about helping others
- A huge set of complex and exciting product & tech challenges
- Autonomy to form our path and focus going forward (we align via OKRs like Google, Twitter and Uber)
- A chance to form and build a tech company culture from the ground up
- A transparent workplace where tools like Quip and Slack helps us to stay in the loop
- Good opportunities for personal development in a way that suits you, and a passion for employee engagement
- Encouragement to support and contribute to open source projects (like Django) or meetups within your discipline
- Hackathons, team off-sites, great lunch from our chef and a wide range of social activities
- Quiet team rooms for focus and open space for discussion - with a nice view overlooking Oslo
- Hands on experience with our logistic operation and customer experience
- The possibility to take stock in the success of the company
- Help with relocation to Norway without costs or hassle
As a part of our team you will be working with other enthusiastic, skilled and ambitious people in shaping and growing tomorrow's shopping experience. Recognised as one of the hottest tech-startups in Norway by The Next Web we are aiming to become world leading, and we invite you to join us on the journey. Come build the future with us!
Sounds like you or someone you know?