Product & Tech – Infrastructure & IT
Kolonial.no is the leading online grocery retailer in Norway, but as a company we’re first and foremost an ambitious tech and logistics company. We’re one of the fastest growing startups in the Nordics, working with huge, complex challenges in order to make the lives of our customers simpler and easier. Want to join us?
Our goal is to create the world's most efficient retail system. Through smart work, passionate customer focus and our own technology we make a difference in the lives of thousands of customers and change society for the better through a completely re-imagined value chain for grocery shopping.
Our customers save more than 60 hours a year, time we believe can be better spent than going to the store. Our effective value chain and logistics save society tonnes of food waste each year and our distribution network replace almost 13,000 individual trips by car to the grocery store each year.
As a DevOps engineer you will be a part of a visionary Product & Tech team organised in cross functional product teams with software engineers, designers, product managers and data scientists. You’ll help build the powerful platform that enables our Product & Tech teams to build, operate and improve our entire shopping experience and our logistics.
- Build, scale and operate our technical infrastructure on Google Cloud
- Ensure our teams have great tooling in place for deployment, CI/CD, user management and resource provisioning
- Improve our delivery capabilities, and help our teams build, operate and scale systems efficiently and reliably
- Build infrastructure, tooling and culture for instrumenting, monitoring and alerting on system health proactively in our teams
- Raise the bar on security in our infrastructure, both in the systems we build and in our culture
- Contribute to building and scaling a great DevSecOps culture
- Combine DevOps responsibilities with contributing as a software engineer in one of our teams
- Participate in our rotating on-call duty according to schedule to ensure critical systems are operating normally
We look for people who
- Have experience with building modern contained-based infrastructure, preferably on Google Cloud
- Speaks Python fluently, and is comfortable with Git
- Have deep knowledge about distributed systems, networking and databases (we use PostgreSQL)
- Like to automate tasks and continuously improve tooling and systems
- Are interested and experienced in security
- Can work independently, manage your own time and take ownership of tasks from start to finish, while also thriving when working with other teams and disciplines
- Are pragmatic when needed, and enjoy a dynamic everyday life where priorities and needs can change
- Continuously develop skills through feedback and learning, and like to share what they learn with the people around you
- Experience from software engineering
- Higher education in technology
- Fluent in English or a Scandinavian language
- Enthusiastic and ambitious colleagues that care about helping others
- A huge set of complex and exciting product & tech challenges
- Autonomy to form our path and focus going forward (we align via OKRs like Google, Twitter and Uber)
- A chance to form and build a tech company culture from the ground up
- A transparent workplace where tools like Quip and Slack helps us to stay in the loop - with less emails and meetings
- Good opportunities for personal development in a way that suits you, and a passion for employee engagement
- Encouragement to support and contribute to open source projects (like Django) or meetups within your discipline
- Hackathons, team off-sites, great lunch from our chef and a wide range of social activities
- Quiet team rooms for focus and open space for discussion - with a nice view overlooking Oslo
- Hands on experience with our logistic operation and customer experience
- The possibility to take stock in the success of the company
- Help with relocation to Norway
As a part of our team you will be working with other enthusiastic, skilled and ambitious people in shaping and growing tomorrow's shopping experience. Recognised as one of the hottest tech-startups in Norway by The Next Web we are aiming to become world leading, and we invite you to join us on the journey. Come build the future with us!
Sounds like you or someone you know?