Product & Tech – Product Management
Kolonial.no is by far the leading online grocery in Norway, but as a company we’re first and foremost an ambitious tech and logistics company - not a classic retailer. We’re one of the fastest growing startups in the Nordics, working with huge, complex challenges in order to make the lives of our customers simpler and easier. Want to join us?
Our goal is to create the world's most efficient retail system. Through smart work, passionate customer focus and our own technology we make a difference in the lives of thousands of customers and change society for the better through a completely re-imagined value chain for grocery shopping.
Our customers save more than 60 hours a year, time we believe can be better spent than going to the store. Our effective value chain and logistics save society tonnes of food waste each year and each additional electric vehicle on the road through our distribution network replace almost 13,000 individual trips by car to the grocery store each year.
As Product Manager you will be a part of a visionary Product & Tech team; with its small, but experienced group of three product managers (incl. CPO). We are organised into cross-functional teams with software engineers, designers, data scientists & analysts - where each team is expected to set strategy and deliver upon a well defined problem area. Some focus on customer experience and growth, while others focus on building world class logistics for our warehouse or distribution operations. We have exciting product management opportunities in all these areas, and are looking for both junior and senior PMs to shape our path forward.
- Lead product & technology development end-to-end within a product area as part of a cross-functional team
- Forster and nurture a seamless collaboration in the team and with the rest of the organisation
- Bring out the best possible insight into customer needs and problems worth solving together with designers, data scientists, software engineers, marketeers, and more
- Challange the team and company to take on hairy goals, to truly innovate and to have big-scale impact
- Define and communicate product strategy in a way that ensures great short and long term impact
- Build and develop a well functioning cross-functional team that is able to deliver upon the strategy and reach its goals
- Clearly define and prioritise problems worth solving now, later or never with a data-informed approach
- Help and enable the team to design experiments, deliver, and to learn from actions
- Evaluate if the team is doing the right thing and has real impact; adjust strategy, priorities and portfolio accordingly
- Communicate strategy, ideas, priorities, plans, effect and learning in an efficient and inspiring manner
We look for people who
- Are passionate about developing new & great products and technology in complex systems
- Develop themselves and learn new things - that you actively share with those around you
- Are pragmatic when needed, and enjoy a dynamic everyday life where priorities and needs change
- Take responsibility for execution, but thrives by bringing out the best of in each member of the team
- Create clarity and focus in complex situations
- Have strong analytical capabilities, passion for data, and an experimental mindset
- Envision and challenge how digital technology can make life 10x better for our customers or logistics
- Have accumulated hands-on experience within design, software development, machine learning, analytics, business development, sales, growth marketing, or logistics
- Talks and writes fluently in Norwegian and English
- 3+ years of experience as product manager (or similar) in a modern product & tech company
- MSc within technology, design, management or similar is preferrable
- Proven ability to deliver products and solutions that solves real customer or logistics needs
- Experienced in building intuitive digital solutions at scale; as lean and agile as possible
- Enthusiastic and ambitious colleagues that care about helping others
- A huge set of complex and exciting product & tech challenges
- Autonomy to form our path and focus going forward (we align via OKRs like Google, Twitter and Uber)
- A chance to form and build a tech company culture from the ground up
- A transparent workplace where tools like Quip and Slack helps us to stay in the loop - with less emails and meetings
- Good opportunities for personal development in a way that suits you, and a passion for employee engagement
- Encouragement to support and contribute to open source projects (like Django) or meetups within your discipline
- Hackathons, team off-sites, great lunch from our chef and a wide range of social activities
- Quiet team rooms for focus and open space for discussion - with a nice view overlooking Oslo
- Hands on experience with our logistic operation and customer experience
- The possibility to take stock in the success of the company
- Help with relocation to Norway without costs or hassle
As a part of our team you will be working with other enthusiastic, skilled and ambitious people in shaping and growing tomorrow's shopping experience. Recognised as one of the hottest tech-startups in Norway by The Next Web we are aiming to become world leading, and we invite you to join us on the journey. Come build the future with us!
Sounds like you or someone you know?