Senior Frontend Engineer
Product & Tech – Software Engineering
Kolonial.no is by far the leading online grocery in Norway, but as a company we’re first and foremost an ambitious tech and logistics company - not a classic retailer. We’re one of the fastest growing startups in the Nordics, working with huge, complex challenges in order to make the lives of our customers simpler and easier. Want to join us?
Our goal is to create the world's most efficient retail system. Through smart work, passionate customer focus and our own technology we make a difference in the lives of thousands of customers and change society for the better through a completely re-imagined value chain for grocery shopping.
Our customers save more than 60 hours a year, time we believe can be better spent than going to the store. Our effective value chain and logistics save society tonnes of food waste each year and each additional electric vehicle on the road through our distribution network replace almost 13,000 individual trips by car to the grocery store each year.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer you will be a part of a visionary Product & Tech team organised in cross-functional product teams with software engineers, designers, product managers and data scientists. You’ll work with designers and full-stack developers to make innovative solutions that make the shopping experience for our customers or our internal Kolonial.no systems user-friendly and efficient. We’re creating a new standard for everyday shopping and solving the complex logistics associated with it, and we think great UI and UX are fundamental to this.
- Ensure we have great UI and UX, both for our customers and in our internal tools and systems
- Implement user-friendly, consistent and polished interfaces in HTML and CSS/SCSS
- Work with developers to implement functionality end to end, handling edge cases robustly
- Raise the bar on how we build and scale high-quality frontend apps and a scalable architecture
- Help build a world-class design system that is holistic, consistent, living and beautiful
We look for people who
- Have a passion for clean, scalable and maintainable code of really high quality, as well as for beautiful and intuitive user interfaces
- Have a few years of experience with frontend development with a modern stack
- An interest in solving problems without introducing unnecessary complexity, and who knows when it’s essential to invest appropriately in solving a problem thoroughly vs. when a pragmatic solution would work well
- Can work independently, manage your own time and take ownership of tasks from start to finish, while thriving in teams where you get the best out of your colleagues
- Are pragmatic when needed, and enjoy a dynamic everyday life where priorities and needs change
- Continuously develop skills through feedback and learning, and love to share what they learn with other people
- Bonus: Have experience or interest in learning some backend development in Python/Django
- 3+ years of experience from software engineering
- Speaks and writes fluently in English (proficiency in Norwegian is beneficial)
- Higher education in technology
- Enthusiastic and ambitious colleagues that care about helping others
- A huge set of complex and exciting product & tech challenges
- Autonomy to form our path and focus going forward (we align via OKRs like Google, Twitter and Uber)
- A chance to form and build a tech company culture from the ground up
- A transparent workplace where tools like Quip and Slack helps us to stay in the loop - with less emails and meetings
- Good opportunities for personal development in a way that suits you, and a passion for employee engagement
- Encouragement to support and contribute to open source projects (like Django) or meetups within your discipline
- Hackathons, team off-sites, great lunch from our chef and a wide range of social activities
- Quiet team rooms for focus and open space for discussion - with a nice view overlooking Oslo
- Hands on experience with our logistic operation and customer experience
- The possibility to take stock in the success of the company
- Help with relocation to Norway without costs or hassle
As a part of our team you will be working with other enthusiastic, skilled and ambitious people in shaping and growing tomorrow's shopping experience. Recognised as one of the hottest tech-startups in Norway by The Next Web we are aiming to become world leading, and we invite you to join us on the journey. Come build the future with us!
Sounds like you or someone you know?