Product & Tech – Data & Insight
Kolonial.no is the leading online grocery retailer in Norway, but as a company we are first and foremost an ambitious tech and logistics company. We’re one of the fastest-growing startups in the Nordics, working with huge, complex challenges to make the lives of our customers simpler and easier. Few (if any) in the world have truly cracked the code for online grocery logistics — but we’re getting close and with high speed. Want to join us?
As Product Analyst you will be part of a cross functional Product & Tech team with software engineers, designers, product managers and data scientists working closely with commercial and operational teams. All analytical roles report to our Head of Data & Insight, and are responsible for building a strong analytical culture and the right competency and capacity to make data informed decisions and powerful data products.
Continuously understanding our performance and the main drivers for our business model and prioritising the right improvements is crucial to our growth and development. Our product analysts make sure we get this right.
- Make sure we properly define success for improvements in our products and processes, establish baselines and measure effect.
- Design tests and experiments (like A/B tests), secure correct implementation, analyse effects and share the insights we gain.
- Recommend improvement and innovation initiatives based on insights, and lead execution through task forces in a cross functional team when needed.
- Make sure that we have the right analytical tools and skills, and train and support others in tools and methods for analytical problem solving.
- Build dashboards and other insight products that enable teams to follow their own performance.
- Work with developers, data scientists and our commercial team to ensure that we capture valuable data in a timely, accurate, complete and consistent way, and in accordance with our privacy policies.
- Perform complex analysis, communicate insights tailored to different audiences and contribute to our strategy based on the findings.
We look for people who
- Like experimentation and testing, and is good at communicating analytical findings.
- Combine a strong analytical mindset with empathy for customers and colleagues, and have a good understanding of products, processes and the business.
- Are able to identify and when needed lead improvements based on insights.
- Solve problems structured and analytically while still being pragmatic, inclusive and goal oriented.
- Are motivated by improvements in our performance indicators, especially related to growth and logistics.
- Have hands on experience developing digital solutions.
- Continuously develop skills through feedback and learning, and like to share what they learn with colleagues.
- Can work independently, manage their own time well and take ownership of tasks from start to finish, while thriving in teams where they get the best out of their colleagues.
- Three or more years of experience as an analyst, developer of analytical solutions, conversion rate optimisation, business development or similar, preferably in a product and technology team.
- Higher education with focus on quantitative methods, preferably in statistics, technology, optimisation or business.
- Proven record of improving products and processes through analysis and experimentation.
- Comfortable with statistics and SQL, and have at least some experience with programming (e.g. Python), A/B-testing and optimisation, and want to improve these skills.
- Fluent in Norwegian and English.
- Enthusiastic and ambitious colleagues that care about helping others
- A huge set of complex and exciting product & tech challenges
- Autonomy to form our path and focus going forward (we align via OKRs like Google, Twitter and Uber)
- A chance to form and build a tech company culture from the ground up
- A transparent workplace where tools like Quip and Slack helps us to stay in the loop
- Good opportunities for personal development in a way that suits you, and a passion for employee engagement
- Hackathons, team off-sites, great lunch from our chef and a wide range of social activities
- Quiet team rooms for focus and open space for discussion - with a nice view overlooking Oslo
- Hands on experience with our logistic operation and customer experience
- The possibility to take stock in the success of the company
As a part of our team you will be working with other enthusiastic, skilled and ambitious people in shaping and growing tomorrow's shopping experience. Recognised as one of the hottest tech-startups in Norway by The Next Web we are aiming to become world leading, and we invite you to join us on the journey. Come build the future with us!
Sounds like you or someone you know?