Finance Officer (Payroll & GL)
Finance – Finance
Who We Are
Komaza is revolutionizing African forestry by unlocking the potential for small-scale farmers to serve booming wood markets. By combining high-scale operations with digital intelligence, we are currently planting commercial-grade forests at a rate of over 1 million trees with 5,000+ new farmers per year, making us Kenya’s largest industrial tree planter. We hold the only sustainable blueprint for meeting Africa’s $30B wood supply crisis - by leveraging farmers’ contribution of land and labor, Komaza can access nearly limitless land and establish a hectare of trees for far less than big plantations.
We have been recognized with numerous awards and investments, including The Climate Policy Initiative, The Nature Conservancy, Forbes, and Novastar Ventures.
About The Team
The Komaza Finance team is a critical service center for the organization. We are meticulous, detail oriented-doers, who know how to balance sustainable, scalable systems with urgent, high priority demands. Though an internal facing department, we take a customer service-centered approach to meeting the needs of the company so Komaza can thrive.
About the Role
You’ll directly be responsible for processing payroll, remitting payroll taxes and government reporting as well as preparing monthly, quarterly and year-end payroll statements. You’ll also ensure compliance with government regulations, establishing and implementing policies and maintain a variety of ledgers used to produce key financial reports.
- Ensure all payroll transactions are processed efficiently
- Process PAYE, NSSF, NHIF and other statutory requirements
- Administer health plans, including enrollment and terminations
- Ensure that all financial transactions have been properly accounted for and accurately booked in the company's accounting system.
- Handle accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness to include auditing master records and transactional data
- Develop bank reconciliations, intra-company reconciliations, and other month-end general ledger reconciliations
- Manage journal entries and ensure proper general ledger coding in support of monthly closings
What You Have
- Bachelor degree in Finance/Accounting or any other business related field
- Certification with CPA or ACCA is an added advantage
- At least 3 years financial experience in payroll and benefits processing , taxation general accounting and financial reporting
- Proficiency in Accounting and Payroll Softwares e.g, QuickBooks, SAGE etc
- An energetic individual and driven to get things done with minimum supervision.
- Comfortable with working in a dynamic environment
- A collaborative problem solver who seeks to create sustainable scalable solutions
- Good analytical and organizational skills with experience in project management would definitely prove to be an advantage
Great vision without great people is irrelevant, Jim Collins wisely stated. If you share Komaza’s vision and want to help make it a reality, apply today! You’ll get a chance to work at our headquarters in Kilifi, Kenya. We offer a competitive remuneration package and an opportunity to further your career.